October ROTM - Casner #8 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes Brice please put Darlene and I down for Casner Camping. 2 for sure, maybe threeđź‘Ť

Not a CSC member yet, but interested in joining for this trip and camping. Just bought my '97LC last November and I need to get out for a drive. Have a few questions about the camping situation.
?#1: Are there many families attending? I am new to offroading and would like to bring my wife and two daughters along for the adventure.
?#2: Is there a pit toilet as the dispersed camping area? I know facilities are very limited for dispersed, but have encountered pit toilets at dispersed camps east of Payson.
?#3: How many hours and miles is the drive that is planned for Saturday?

Not a CSC member yet, but interested in joining for this trip and camping. Just bought my '97LC last November and I need to get out for a drive. Have a few questions about the camping situation.
?#1: Are there many families attending? I am new to offroading and would like to bring my wife and two daughters along for the adventure.
?#2: Is there a pit toilet as the dispersed camping area? I know facilities are very limited for dispersed, but have encountered pit toilets at dispersed camps east of Payson.
?#3: How many hours and miles is the drive that is planned for Saturday?

As far as families go, I'll be bringing my wife and 3 year old son. They'll probably hang out in camp while I go on the run.

If we camp in the same place we have in the past, there is no pit toilet.

Not sure about drive time. I've yet to go on the actual run. I've only camped in the past.

Ahhh, the awesome annual classic. Put me in for the run and camping Brice. Thanks for setting it up again ~

The list has been updated in post #1.

There is no pit toilet at either camp site, it is dispersed camping.
As for the run, last year it took close to four hours or so from the Safeway parking to to get back to camp. It is a slow go up the hill.
There is always a variety of families, no families, dogs, no dogs, etc. All are welcome.

Is it the same weekekd every year? I need to kock diwn my calendar better, #getmyprioritiesinorder
Casner is only open between May 15 and October 15 every year. It is a permit only trail and the permit is good for Monday through Sunday. For the last several years I have tried to get the permit for the last weekend it is available.
So looking ahead to 2020, it would appear the weekend would be October 9-11th.
Hope that helps.

Brice I’m in for camping too. Thanks!

Brice I’m in for camping too. Thanks!
Scott, You are in for both. I only put people on the camping list if they are not on the run list (or they are an alternate). I simply make the assumption that if you go on the run, you are also camping.

Cool thanks Brice!

@brices123 So this year we will camp at the Top Of The World campsite? Or has location changed?

@brices123 So this year we will camp at the Top Of The World campsite? Or has location changed?
Not Top of the World this year. Just down the road a little. A bigger camping area with better views. Just no spire to jump out on.

So is the same spot as last year or the one that was a little further down the road that we looked at on Friday afternoon?
John, the one we looked at on Friday. The one that is a little farther east on 231. There is more room for more truck and we can spread out a little more.

Thanks Brice, you planning on coming up Friday again? Should I plan on firewood again.
Eric @murf are planning the 40 or the 80 this time.
@Honger great way to meet a bunch of the CSC menbers and see some of what AZ has to offer. Family friendly and sure many would like to see your 75 series troopy.

Thanks Brice, you planning on coming up Friday again? Should I plan on firewood again.
Eric @murf are planning the 40 or the 80 this time.
@Honger great way to meet a bunch of the CSC menbers and see some of what AZ has to offer. Family friendly and sure many would like to see your 75 series troopy.
John, yes I will be going up Friday morning. Wish I could get out Thursday evening-I might try. Firewood would be great. I am going to make sure I have tarps, just in case it rains. @Saddletramp did such a great job of putting together our dry kitchen last year.

@Honger - The CSC bunch is very family friendly. That said, the camp site is on the top of the rim with very severe drop-offs. Not sure how old your kids are, but you might need to keep a watchful eye.

I am seriously interested in this for camping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom