September ROTM 9/21/2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Meeting Place: Shell-3906 W New River Rd New River, AZ 85087
Meeting Time: 7:30 am
Leaving Time: 8:00 am
Destination: New River (Trail 41, Page 104 for those of you following along in the Guide To Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails)

Who's in;

@Dissent
@dirt2snow
@DPA200
@Honger
@Honger wife
@Honger friend
@AZCRSR
@samtoddlee
@FJFORTYFAN
@cartercd
@Sheppard

Maybe;

@doc_random
@knewstance
@ProBro
@1Louder
@yotadude520
@jkl72-40
@verruckt1

Thought it's been awhile since we had a sanctioned ROTM, this would be a nice and easy run. I did it back in May in my stock LC and didn't have any problems.

The trail starts at Table Mesa Rd. From there, we head east and make our way to Seven Springs Rd. Follow that until we hit Cave Creek Rd.

It took me about 4 hours. We could probably do it in less but I took the F.S. 37 offshoot which was washed out about halfway up.

One option would be to add the Big Maggie May Creek (Trail 42/ F.S. 468) offshoot since we'll be driving right by it on Seven Springs Rd. I went to both the mine and the burnt out cabin on a separate day. I thought the trail to the mine was much more difficult, which is the opposite of what the book says. I bottomed out both front and back bumpers but again, I'm running stock. The trail to the cabin had just been graded so it was a piece of cake.

The other option would be to skip Maggie May and head to Carefree/Cave Creek for lunch and :beer::clap:.

I'll have a HAM radio but I'm forbidden to speak since I don't have my license. Can someone else post up what the official CSC channel is?

First time putting a run together so let me know if I missed anything (and be gentle).

Last edited:
Any options for camping?

I did a similar route to this plan also in late May. It was a nice run. Not sure what my schedule looks like that far out but I'm going to put this on my calendar.

Seven Spring Campground is right there at the end before reaching Carefree. That was a good spot to air up with the parking lot before hitting asphalt again.

@knewstance mentioned the one I was thinking of. Kind of a cool area. Driving through the desert and then all of a sudden you hit that campground and it almost feels like Oak Creek Canyon with the greenery, trees and the little creek.

You could also drive over to Barlett Lake and camp on the beach. Not far from the end of the trail.

Not sure my work schedule for September yet, but if I'm around I should be able to make it. sounds like fun

Sounds like a good time, I've not been out in ages! Count me in.

Eagle-eyed @DPA200 noticed there is State Trust Land permit required from the 17 to the forest boundary. It's probably not even a half mile between the two points but proceed at your own risk.

The average temp in September is 100 high/75 low. That early in the morning and the fact we'll be a little north of the valley, I'd guess it'll be low 80's to low 90's.

good chance I'll be in for this one. will know more as it gets closer.

If I can get my mini back by then I'll be in.

@GreatBigFat Might be one you want to go on!

Interested!!

Hi Guys, I’m fairly new to the forum and not a member of the CSC. Been mostly stalking tech advise on ih8mud for my Toy and looking for some hard to find parts. Is this an open run or closed to non-CSC members? I’m thinking I was thinking I would like to attend the run with some fellow enthusiasts.

Good trail and area to explore. Enjoy.

IMG_20190217_174309_813.jpg

IMG_20190217_174309_812.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom