Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The rear frame is on jack stands on both sides; both wheels are on the ground per the instructions. Should I lift the vehicle up more and see if that helps? I could use a drift to try and center the Panhard but clearance is slim on the spring side.

Is this what the instructions require an alignment bar for? I'm not exactly sure what that is.

I had to do some trial and error lifting the back up and down and using a pry bar and a mallet to get it all perfectly lined up. Had to use the mallet to tap through the bolts.

Ratchet strap for the win on the last bolt. I was able to insert the bolt as shown about halfway through the Panhard bushing, then ratchet the bar into position to allow it go all the way through with some help from a mallet.

I'm not sure if I reversed the Delta bolts, but clearance on the OME springs is tight. I had to back the bolt out a bit to allow room to thread the nut.

ratchet.jpg
bolt.jpg

Ratchet strap for the win on the last bolt. I was able to insert the bolt as shown about halfway through the Panhard bushing, then ratchet the bar into position to allow it go all the way through with some help from a mallet.

I'm not sure if I reversed the Delta bolts, but clearance on the OME springs is tight. I had to back the bolt out a bit to allow room to thread the nut.

View attachment 2055332View attachment 2055333

Been out of service, sorry for slow response. Glad you got it dialed. What we usually do for the last bit is drop jack stands and push body around, that’s where the helper comes into play. Can’t really recommend that, but it’s what we do.

Just put some scratch and dent ones up on the site. Down at the bottom of the 80 Series page. If you can't add to your cart, it's because they're sold out.

Edit: these are all regular ones, I will edit page to make sure that is clear too

Hi @Delta VS !

I have a 97 lx450, pretty loaded, with an adjustable rear panhard of unknown brand.

I have a 4 inch ironman lift (shocks and springs).

I have stock rims with 315 /75 /16 tires.

Build thread is in my sig block :)

My measurement number is 4.5 (18 inches centre of axle side bolt and 22.5 inches centre of frame side bolt to ground)

What do you recommend? Thanks!

Andrew

Hi @Delta VS !

I have a 97 lx450, pretty loaded, with an adjustable rear panhard of unknown brand.

I have a 4 inch ironman lift (shocks and springs).

I have stock rims with 315 /75 /16 tires.

Build thread is in my sig block :)

My measurement number is 4.5 (18 inches centre of axle side bolt and 22.5 inches centre of frame side bolt to ground)

What do you recommend? Thanks!

Andrew
With anything less than 6" difference between panhard bar bolts, the recommendation is usually 3" bracket. If you are strictly on-road (like 100% highway), you can do the 5" bracket with a 5" lift, but you need to drop the bumpstops on the chassis waaaay down for that to happen, so don't really recommend it.

Copy that, thanks for the quick reply. A couple of us in British columbia will be putting in an order for the 3" brackets.

I should probably still feel quite a difference with it though, eh? From reading the others posts on here It looks that way.

Thanks,
Andrew

Copy that, thanks for the quick reply. A couple of us in British columbia will be putting in an order for the 3" brackets.

I should probably still feel quite a difference with it though, eh? From reading the others posts on here It looks that way.

Thanks,
Andrew

Awesome! 2 brackets fit 1 large flat rate box (not much more than the medium flatrate box we normally use for Canada), so if you have multiples of 2, I can easily make an invoice for you instead of ordering on the site to save everybody a few dollars. Just email info @ deltavs . com and I'll get you squared away.

It will help significantly even with a 5" lift.

@Delta VS

I've been chasing wandering and pulling (corrected caster, new tie rods, etc) so I'm glad to have found your explainer.

Two mechanically-ignorant question:

1. If a lift warrants this correction for the rear panhard, isn't correction also needed for the front? If so, what are the solutions?
  2. Can the rear bracket be installed without putting the truck on jacks?
Thanks!

@Delta VS

I've been chasing wandering and pulling (corrected caster, new tie rods, etc) so I'm glad to have found your explainer.

Two mechanically-ignorant question:

1. If a lift warrants this correction for the rear panhard, isn't correction also needed for the front? If so, what are the solutions?
  2. Can the rear bracket be installed without putting the truck on jacks?
Thanks!

Good questions!

1a. Technically, yes
1b. Functionally, you run into problems. The way your (and almost everybody else's) rig sits now, the front panhard and the steering linkage are parallel. If you move the panhard out of parallel with the steering linkage (like a front panhard lift bracket would do), you will be introducing bumpsteer since the two linkages (Panhard and steering) will be moving on two different paths. So as axle goes up or down, it will turn the wheel FOR you!

2. I would say you should ALWAYS secure the vehicle when separating the frame and body. Putting jackstands under the frame is best, as when you pull the panhard bolts, there won't be "anything" holding the body in place and keeping from shifting to one side. I'm quite sure you could find many people who don't heed this warning, but that is their prerogative.

Ask away if you'd like any clarifications on this.

Good questions!

1a. Technically, yes
1b. Functionally, you run into problems. The way your (and almost everybody else's) rig sits now, the front panhard and the steering linkage are parallel. If you move the panhard out of parallel with the steering linkage (like a front panhard lift bracket would do), you will be introducing bumpsteer since the two linkages (Panhard and steering) will be moving on two different paths. So as axle goes up or down, it will turn the wheel FOR you!

2. I would say you should ALWAYS secure the vehicle when separating the frame and body. Putting jackstands under the frame is best, as when you pull the panhard bolts, there won't be "anything" holding the body in place and keeping from shifting to one side. I'm quite sure you could find many people who don't heed this warning, but that is their prerogative.

Ask away if you'd like any clarifications on this.

Very educational. Thank you.

As a point of reference. I have an 80 series with armor and J springs. I have been using the 3" delta bracket and been very pleased with it until this last week when I drove my heavily loaded cruiser down the Mojave Trail and proceeded to attempt to clearance the rear crossmember by repeatedly making a load banging noise. Maybe I should have slowed down a bit more. My 1.5" bumpstop extensions were always perfectly adequate until I added the bracket. Will an extra .5" (2" blocks be adequate?) I would rather bite the bullet and lose a wopping .5 inch of uptravel rather than notch the cross member.

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

As a point of reference. I have an 80 series with armor and J springs. I have been using the 3" delta bracket and been very pleased with it until this last week when I drove my heavily loaded cruiser down the Mojave Trail and proceeded to attempt to clearance the rear crossmember by repeatedly making a load banging noise. Maybe I should have slowed down a bit more. My 1.5" bumpstop extensions were always perfectly adequate until I added the bracket. Will an extra .5" (2" blocks be adequate?) I would rather bite the bullet and lose a wopping .5 inch of uptravel rather than notch the cross member.

It looks like you could get away with even less potentially? We install 2" rear extensions with all of them and have had zero problems. Have even tested with bumpestop drops of nothing more than 1/4" plate and been rid of all contact. Always a good idea to pull springs and flex things out when installing suspension stuff.

Awesome thread!

I'm gearing up to order Dave's Delta vs treat yourself kit over dobinson springs and shocks with all Delta components.

Anyone have any input or experience in this? I'm for sure on all Delta components but on the fence between icon and dobinson.

No experience with Icon but have enjoyed the Dobinsons 50mm over the last few years.

Yeah, Woody’s quote above is all that I saw in his review thread.

Anyway, I am running Slee 4” Mediums and just wanted to ensure of proper fit before ordering.

Update* - It appears from that thread that part of the bracket needs to be ground down in order to clear the thicker than average Slee spring.
I finally bought the Delta Panhard bracket and swapped my Slee mediums 4" springs for the Slee Heavies 4" rear springs.

The new design of the Delta bracket gives plenty of room so long as the bolt head is facing the spring. The supplied bolt is longer than stock and would definetly rub the spring if positioned with the Nylock nut towards the spring.

My 80 definitely drives better with the Delta panhard bracket. Not sure why I waited so long to purchase. If you're on the fence about this just go ahead and buy it.
By the way, the Delta spring retainers fit well with the thicker Slee heavy springs, I definitely recommend.

Last edited:
I finally bought the Delta Panhard bracket and swapped my Slee mediums 4" springs for the Slee Heavies 4" rear springs.

The new design of the Delta bracket gives plenty of room so long as the bolt head is facing the spring. The supplied bolt is longer than stock and would definetly rub the spring if position with the Nylock nut towards the spring.

My 80 definitely drives better with the Delta panhard bracket. Not sure why I waited so long to purchase. If you're on the fence about this just go ahead and buy it.
By the way, the Delta spring retainers fit well with the thicker Slee heavy springs, I definitely recommend.
Excellent info 👍

I just ordered the Delta / Dobinson treat yourself kit and Delta front bumper, I'll be installing next week.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 4" delta radius arms feel like.

I'll face the nut away from the spring on the rear panhard bracket.

I'm in Alaska.. you use medium flat rate USPS in the US, so the $15 box, and that's included in the $265? If so, excellent.

80 has 4" OME and rear needs to be centered, not to mention the wandering. Was about to get an adjustable bar, but luckily came across this.

I'm in Alaska.. you use medium flat rate USPS in the US, so the $15 box, and that's included in the $265? If so, excellent.

80 has 4" OME and rear needs to be centered, not to mention the wandering. Was about to get an adjustable bar, but luckily came across this.
Yup, included! Ya, this will solve two issues, while adjustable panhard will only solve one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom