Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I dont the want to affect the structural integrity, they added a gusset to make up for having less metal in that area if you look at the pictures.

I see what you are saying. From the look of it only 2-3mm of material need to be removed and the whole thing is pretty stout. But you are obviously less lazy than I am.

what about ones that are installed? mine is rubbing my spring, can i swap it out?

We can swap it out, but can’t cover the entire replacement cost.

As a standing offer to any one on here, I think we can exchange a regular clearance bracket for a high clearance version for a small charge of $45. You send your old one back and we’ll send a new one. If you want no down time, you can buy a new one and send your old one back once you install, once we receive it, you will receive a refund of $225 $220.

On edit: TO BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR: this is just straight from Delta. If you purchased one from a dealer, there is ZERO, I repeat ZERO expectation of our dealers dealing with this. This is all straight through us.

Second edit: does not apply to ones that have been ground.

Third edit: numbers

Last edited:
We can swap it out, but can’t cover the entire replacement cost.

As a standing offer to any one on here, I think we can exchange a regular clearance bracket for a high clearance version for a small charge of $45. You send your old one back and we’ll send a new one. If you want no down time, you can buy a new one and send your old one back once you install, once we receive it, you will receive a refund of $225.
That’s great customer service, I’ll be doing this. Thank you

Even one that has already been ground down?

I was juuuuust about to edit and say not for ones that have been ground.

I can’t resell that as a used product of ours unfortunately.

A few times a similar product for the front panhard has been mentioned. I stumbled onto this in a place some call the "innerweb" . Food for thought. Probably not a US truck since it's a right hand drive. And the steering arm looks like it might also be part of the "kit" to keep the draglink and panhard parallel.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

A few times a similar product for the front panhard has been mentioned. I stumbled onto this in a place some call the "innerweb" . Food for thought. Probably not a US truck since it's a right hand drive.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

0_0

That looks like a disaster waiting to happen! @mryanangel knows what happens when the front panhard moves in the wrong direction...

0_0

That looks like a disaster waiting to happen! @mryanangel knows what happens when the front panhard moves in the wrong direction...
Didn't say I thought it was a good design, just that I found someone who has tried it. :hillbilly:

Didn't say I thought it was a good design, just that I found someone who has tried it. :hillbilly:

They also spent time (and looks like $$$?) on raising the steering linkage so they are at least somewhat parallel (which is likely the actual main reason that panhard is raised, to cancel out the bumpsteer induced by raising steering linkage). Part of the reason we aren't super interested in a solution for that. At that point, you're probably doing 3-link anyway.

Last edited:
I think the correct term would be "hillbilly AF".

they also spent time (and looks like $$$?) on raising the steering linkage so they are at least somewhat parallel (which is actually the main reason the panhard is raised, to cancel out the bumpsteer induced by raising steering linkage). Part of the reason we aren't super interested in a solution for that. At that point, you're probably doing 3-link anyway.
Not disagreeing with you at all. Comperable idea to using lift blocks on a front leaf sprung axle.

I'm finding all kind of good stuff tonight!

I've been providing panhard correction kits for the 3rd gen 4Runner and 120 platform for a few years now; it's great to see someone else who sees through the adjustable panhard bar propaganda. :)

I'm only on page 3, but interested in how our designs take different approaches to the same solution.

I'm finding all kind of good stuff tonight!

I've been providing panhard correction kits for the 3rd gen 4Runner and 120 platform for a few years now; it's great to see someone else who sees through the adjustable panhard bar propaganda. :)

I'm only on page 3, but interested in how our designs take different approaches to the same solution.

we've got 3rd gen 4runner ones too! look like this: Delta Vehicle Systems - 3rd Gen 4Runner Panhard Drop Bracket - $250.00 didn't know there were others on the market. we made that one almost 2 years ago now.

edit: do you have a link to yours?

I'm sure that I've overlooked something stupidly simple, but I cannot get this top bolt to fit (yellow line). You can see in the picture why the bolt won't fit, only one half of the bolt will go in. I can move the Panhard to insert the bolt from the rear, but it contacts the stock mount on the front side. I removed the bolt and lined up the front (towards the spring) to take this picture.

I previously had the the stock bolt and Delta bolt in place for the other two mounting locations, no go either. Removed all bolts (as pictured) and the holes simply won't line up. I event loosened the passenger side of the stock Panhard bolt, no help. What am I missing??

delta.panhard.jpg

I'm sure that I've overlooked something stupidly simple, but I cannot get this top bolt to fit (yellow line). You can see in the picture why the bolt won't fit, only one half of the bolt will go in. I can move the Panhard to insert the bolt from the rear, but it contacts the stock mount on the front side. I removed the bolt and lined up the front (towards the spring) to take this picture.

I previously had the the stock bolt and Delta bolt in place for the other two mounting locations, no go either. Removed all bolts (as pictured) and the holes simply won't line up. I event loosened the passenger side of the stock Panhard bolt, no help. What am I missing??

View attachment 2054830

Is the LC sitting on its own weight? Try a pry bar or another bolt to get the hole to line up. But most importantly if it is under its own weight lift the rear up but the wheels do not have to be off the ground.

The rear frame is on jack stands on both sides; both wheels are on the ground per the instructions. Should I lift the vehicle up more and see if that helps? I could use a drift to try and center the Panhard but clearance is slim on the spring side.

Is this what the instructions require an alignment bar for? I'm not exactly sure what that is.

The rear frame is on jack stands on both sides; both wheels are on the ground per the instructions. Should I lift the vehicle up more and see if that helps? I could use a drift to try and center the Panhard but clearance is slim on the spring side.

Is this what the instructions require an alignment bar for? I'm not exactly sure what that is.

Yes pretty much. I used a big punch to move things around. If you are able to move the bracket up a little it looks like it might line up then too. Also, did you move the ABS line that attaches to the bracket where the upper control attaches? I had fitment/alignment issues till I move mine, recently I just removed all my ABS lines for the sensors.

Yes pretty much. I used a big punch to move things around. If you are able to move the bracket up a little it looks like it might line up then too. Also, did you move the ABS line that attaches to the bracket where the upper control attaches? I had fitment/alignment issues till I move mine, recently I just removed all my ABS lines for the sensors.

Yes, the ABS line was removed prior to install. @Delta VS you need to add that to the instructions.

Can I safely lift the vehicle with the Panhard removed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom