What's missing from the market? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all fellow cruiser heads.

Long time lurker here (was a member many moons ago but forgot my login), and long time cruiser freak. This post is dual purpose as I do have a question or two for you all however also an introduction given this is my first post technically.

I'm a self employed mechanic and fabricator in the north of New England, been at it for about 20 years now. I've involved myself with many branches of the auto world from street car performance to off road, body work, Fab, electronics and all the rest. 4x4 and specifically Toyota 4x4 has always been my primary interest however.

Over the years I've found myself engineering and producing for sale many solutions to problems on cars of my interest and doing so pretty successfully. I currently have a handful of things I intend to prototype for testing on the 80 series as that's my current project. One being an affordable cable locker conversion which I'm working on now as well as bumpers and a few mechanical goodies.

My question I have is this: what do you all wish was an available part or upgrade for these things that just isn't out there yet? My fabrication skills are top notch and my abilities as far as equipment are limited to small to medium runs of things but high quality construction. Basically anything that fits within the bounds of machining, fabricating, and or moderate complexity engineering.

I realize this may be something that has been asked before and I realize being my first post, many will shrug off with a "yeah, yeah, one of these guys again" but I will assure I am bringing a passion to the table with this stuff.

So what is it you guys wish was out there?

Thanks for reading and cheers.

Diff protection.

Modular under carriage protection. Depending on how comprehensive you want to armor. Trans/t-case cross member assembly, front engine area protection. Modular & ability to interlock the “panels” for options & easier shipping.

Just thinking out loud...

This is awesome guys. I'll respond deeper and with some more questions for you all tonight when I'm free. Keep em coming.

Ls swap kit for 91-98 80 series and a turbo kit for the 3fe

I actually really like the mud flap idea having just peeled my stock ones off and selling them. I'm thinking of coming up with some heavy duty brackets that will simply hold some off the shelf truck flaps. Makes replacement simple and brackets using stock holes rather than just winding self tapping screws into body work is ideal.

Diff protection and skids are already on the list so obviously a good thought. The ls kit and cross-member is within my scope for sure but there's a lot of variables there. I'd obviously have to go down that road myself to know what all to make and get proper dimensions.

Quick disconnect fender flairs.

Hello all fellow cruiser heads.

One being an affordable cable locker conversion which I'm working on now as well as bumpers and a few mechanical goodies.

This because I'll be running a rear locked 80 series axle under my FJ60.

Jokes are welcome too :flipoff2:

Turbo kits are something I have designed for a few other cars in my past and is something I can handle very well. It may be a thing in the future but I know just what is involved and not something ill be jumping on right away. I like things to be factory like in reliability and turbo systems are not exactly without variables.

In other news Im pretty sure ill have a working prototype for the front e-locker cable set up in the next few days. Rear will be next and should be a bit easier. Just a matter of picking the next project. Ill get pics up once done and when my post count allows for it.

It can be a tough crowd around here but welcome to the fold! The more people creating products for our trucks, the better, imo!

I don't have any real suggestions. Mostly since I already can't afford to do what I want currently (blah, blah, don't have a cruiser...I get it). But welcome and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom