Oil light on. Everything is OK. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone.

My car is 2002 land cruiser
With 1FZFE engine
Manual transmission H151
(middle east) version

It's almost like fzj80 with different front axle and different coil ignition.

I am facing a problem.
IMG_20190724_001928.jpg

The warning oil light on dash is ON after 15 seconds from starting.

The pressure gauge is fine.
I disconnect the pressure oil sender wire, then watched the dash but the same happened. (15 seconds then the light is on)
And the pressure gauge in down.

I checked the oil dip stick, but it shows full.
IMG_20190724_001557.jpg

There is no noise at all. I figured out that the oil pump is not working. But the mechanic said it was fine, because there is no noise.

I have read something about oil level sensor. It locates next to the dip stick end to oil pan.
Like this in 2 pictures
This Is NOT my car
Screenshot_20190724_011801.jpg

I don't have this sensor in my car.
This is MY CAR
IMG_20190724_012539.jpg

This is the link of my car on toyodiy.com
ToyoDIY.com

Any idea!???
I am thinking of disconnecting the light bulb from the dash board.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20190724_001742.jpg

Last edited:
Is yours an FZJ105? When you have the Pressure Oil sender wire connected what does your gauge look like? I am not familiar with Diagnostics protocols for the ME versions but have you connected up to (what we call the OBDII) the port to see what codes you may have?

I'd recommend having your mechanic hook up a oil pressure gauge set (A mechanic should have one with a bunch of different adaptor fittings) and verify the pressure as just because something isn't currently making any noise doesn't mean all is ok.

The light is simply a level indicator, has nothing to do with pressure. It's use is to show low oil level, remind to check with the dip stick. The sensor is known to become wonky, sometimes cleaning helps, or if disconnected will never come on, or replace the sensor $$$.

Is yours an FZJ105? When you have the Pressure Oil sender wire connected what does your gauge look like? I am not familiar with Diagnostics protocols for the ME versions but have you connected up to (what we call the OBDII) the port to see what codes you may have?

Thanks for replaying clx16

The gauge is next to the thermostat
Screenshot_20190724_022141.jpg

I didn't do the OBDII test

I'd recommend having your mechanic hook up a oil pressure gauge set (A mechanic should have one with a bunch of different adaptor fittings) and verify the pressure as just because something isn't currently making any noise doesn't mean all is ok.

Thanks for replying Mike

I think the pressure gauge is fine. It shows nothing wrong on the dash.
If the oil pump is not making noise, how could I make sure if it works fine??

The light is simply a level indicator, has nothing to do with pressure. It's use is to show low oil level, remind to check with the dip stick. The sensor is known to become wonky, sometimes cleaning helps, or if disconnected will never come on, or replace the sensor $$$.

Thank you for replaying Tools R Us.

I think u r right. It's not about the oil pressure. It's about the level. But the sensor is not there.

... But the sensor is not there.

Oops, you are going to need to do the research on what the light indicates in your market, where, what sensor, etc. Do you have the correct owners manual, FSM, etc?

Oops, you are going to need to do the research on what the light indicates in your market, where, what sensor, etc. Do you have the correct owners manual, FSM, etc?

The owners manual doesn't mention anything regarding this issue.
But I put a link of toyodiy.com in the thread above.
Thanks

Interesting: in post #1 the image of the OP's oil pan shows the usual spot for the oil level sensor to be blank, not machined for the sensor??

If there's no oil level sensor then could a short somewhere cause that light to come on?? But then again, if there wasn't a sensor in that model would there even be a lightbulb in that location in the instrument cluster??

Kernal. Thanks.

I don't know. There is a light bulb. There is no oil level sensor I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom