Who to get yota parts from now that American Toyota doesn't ship? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

another vote for Norwalk Toyota,i live in georgia and get in stock parts faster than the dealerships close to me >10 miles,better prices also.i have searched prices at different places and Norwalk is the lowest.

It was sort of sad yesterday, physically went to American Toyota for an 80 series air filter and was told they did not stock old parts like that. How things have changed.

I'm another one who has been happy with Norwalk Toyota and the IH85P discount.

another vote for Norwalk Toyota,i live in georgia and get in stock parts faster than the dealerships close to me >10 miles,better prices also.i have searched prices at different places and Norwalk is the lowest.

Norwalk's owner must be in his 90s. He still hangs out at the dealership keeping an eye out on things including my 80. He's probably got the world's most mint 70 and 40 sitting on the sales floor next to the latest Corollas.

Norwalk's owner must be in his 90s. He still hangs out at the dealership keeping an eye out on things including my 80. He's probably got the world's most mint 70 and 40 sitting on the sales floor next to the latest Corollas.

My pads showed up today, nearly half the price of local dealers. I will definitely stop y next trip to OC and check the place out.

Thank you to those who suggested using Norwalk Toyota. They will now be the recipients of my $.

🍻🍻🍻

My pads showed up today, nearly half the price of local dealers. I will definitely stop y next trip to OC and check the place out.

Thank you to those who suggested using Norwalk Toyota. They will now be the recipients of my $.

🍻🍻🍻

Correction, 60 not 70.

Wits’ End is like the 80 parts boutique. Stuff that’s curated by a connoisseur. Norwalk is just a bank teller. Get in, punch in some digits, get the f out.

Correction, 60 not 70.

Wits’ End is like the 80 parts boutique. Stuff that’s curated by a connoisseur. Norwalk is just a bank teller. Get in, punch in some digits, get the f out.

Yeah, it's a little weird that you don't get the joy of talking to CDan, but I'm a bottom dollar kind of guy, so Norwalk gets my $. Quick shipping from SoCal is an extra bonus.

I've dealt with McGeorge without any heartburn. My "localest" Toyota dealer won't ever get a dime out of me without duress, so I drive another 30 minutes to deal with the pleasant folks at Bob Richards Toyota. Given the option, I like to spread a bit of aloha to as many small businesses as I can. Another upside of mail order is generally avoiding sales tax which can be considerable in a People's Republic type of state.

Norwalk for me... fair price, QUICK shipping.... don’t forget to check partsouq.com as well... recently saved
like 30% over American pricing, even with shipping!

Sounds like others have not had the same luck as I, but I have a good rapport with local dealers in the Sacramento area and get close those online prices, SOS shipping (next day (SF) , worse 2-day occasionally from Torrance).

Depending on your year of 80, I use MyLparts | Genuine Lexus Parts | MyLexusParts when I'm lazy and want it shipped to my house.

Camelback Toyota in Az...best prices around ;)

The vast majority of parts suppliers are in business to make money. Catering to niche clients does not interest them in the least. You need to find an enthusiast that happens to sell parts.

I sold the hell out of Land Cruiser parts because I liked it, not because it was profitable.

Sadly I am not sure there are any land cruiser enthusiasts selling parts for land cruisers from dealerships anylonger. If there are, let us know.

Dan can you guess a percentage of how many people on MUD bought from you over the years?

Next I want to ask you what was the most popular part sold? The diff lock switch? Who found that option even existed on the US vehicles? Were you part of that ?

Dan can you guess a percentage of how many people on MUD bought from you over the years?

I really can't say. I helped a lot of people over the years but I never did a head count. I wasn't keeping score, I was entertaining myself. The only part of my job that I really enjoyed was dealing with Cruiser parts.

Over three years after retiring I continue to receive several parts inquiries a week.

Next I want to ask you what was the most popular part sold? The diff lock switch? Who found that option even existed on the US vehicles? Were you part of that ?
As far as I know I was the first one to figure out the "pin 7" modification that enabled proper shift patterns.

I think I did more axle related stuff than anything else.

It is pretty cool to think of all the cruisers out there that have parts in them from you. It would be cool to find out what percent of the land cruisers on the road have parts from you or Onur in them right now. My guess would be over 50%.

I think I did more axle related stuff than anything else.

Only one I know running a OBD1 factory computer with a Supercharger and Methanol injection...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom