What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (104 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I turbocharged mine!

IMG_20190710_163733.jpg

IMG_20190330_190152.jpg

Are you running the Cooper AT3 XLT? Been looking at those. How do you like them? heard they have thin sidewalls for rocks but my current AT3s kick ass in the snow.

I love them. And they have a 60,000 mile warranty which I think is hard to argue with. I previously had the AT3s and liked them but I like these much more. They are sooo quite too it’s ridiculous. 10/10 would recommend

If you are talking about the bur at the top of the axle housing, I would just file it off, but it might be worth looking in the steering knuckle to see what it was contacting.

After pulling the other side apart I think it was from a previous mechanic bashing out the trunion bearing races.

Interesting...I assumed the purge valve and valve in the canister would take care of that. Read up and learned something new. Wonder if Toyota had a modification for this also with the S/C setups? Seems they also relied on just what I mentioned?..?

Installed the check valve so the charcoal canister won't be pressurized under boost.
[/QUOTE

Interesting...I assumed the purge valve and valve in the canister would take care of that. Read up and learned something new. Wonder if Toyota had a modification for this also with the S/C setups? Seems they also relied on just what I mentioned?..?

I wasn't sure when the purge valve opens so wanted to be safe. I used to own an e30 BMW that I turbocharged and the consensus on those was adding a check valve because the purge valve opened randomly. After your post I went down the charcoal canister rabbit hole and I'll be taking mine apart this weekend and removing the valves, my fuel tank builds pressure but it looks like it is pretty common.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom