What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed. Has simply been a years-long funding & funding priority issue. Appreciate the positive 'pep talk.' No one wants this long-beloved, decades ago obtained, rust-free rig of mine rebuilt & on the road - more than me. Assured to you. Thx. ~m.
Time, money, energy, they take it all!

Did a little wheeling and crawling for the first time since converting to EFI, and subsequently had the fuel pump completely die about 5 minutes after this picture. Time for a nice intank pump and hydramat. I've only ever been completely stranded from something not self induced once before (also a fuel pump), and then in the past three weeks I had the starter die in the Starbucks parking lot on my Tundra and then the fuel pump on the 40 die literally driving home--I guess the last one is arguably self induced since the EFI is a mod and not stock, but nonetheless been having a hard time with vehicles lately haha

fappBvFh.jpg

Did a little wheeling and crawling for the first time since converting to EFI, and subsequently had the fuel pump completely die about 5 minutes after this picture. Time for a nice intank pump and hydramat. I've only ever been completely stranded from something not self induced once before (also a fuel pump), and then in the past three weeks I had the starter die in the Starbucks parking lot on my Tundra and then the fuel pump on the 40 die literally driving home--I guess the last one is arguably self induced since the EFI is a mod and not stock, but nonetheless been having a hard time with vehicles lately haha

fappBvFh.jpg
How fast was you going when you hit that rock?

What a poser...

At an abandoned plant in west salem...

20190701_183119.jpg

And where did you get the signs?
I have a buddy that makes signs. They are made out of aluminum, laser cut, and painted really well. His name is Zack, phone number (360) 929-9701 . He is deployed right now, but will get back to you in a couple of days

I need to come visit you...

There's nothing good to see up here. Don't worry, you're not missing out on anything!

Started to investigate why I was dumping so much transmission fluid. I think I posted earlier that I installed a speedo block off which was a considerable upgrade to the bleach bottle cap.

Then I noticed the heavily dented transmission pan (tb400) and ground down pan bolt. Went through 2 pans before settling on the B&M cast aluminum pan. Now the skid plate needs to be reworked to cover :confused:.
After research, learned about the clearance issue with the front drive flange/yoke and the turbo 400 trans. I bought the new kit from AA and installed the flange last night. Look at this clearance:

That's tight!

Now to have Drivelines NW replace the yoke, I'll be back in clear 4x4'ing.

No pics this time. Took the rear hatch apart on the ‘69 to sort out getting the rear lock to actually lock the outside handle. I have absolutely no recollection of installing the handle, but it is definitely not the original one.

That said, once I got the access cover off and started moving everything around, I determined that the hatch lock cam ( a part I incidentally sell ;) ) was not going into the slot of the handle; the notch was too close to the outer skin of the hatch.
Took the whole mechanism apart and put the handle in a bench vice. Cut the notch 1/16” wider and put it all back together. Voila! a lock that locks.

Daughter (the one with pink hair) drew me with a rally cap so I broke out the HVLP gun
9F0FB215-E3FC-45EA-88DD-4A9B37B2FC3C.jpeg

The white & brown cruisers both now have freshly painted parts
7C7A0D27-7F1A-4B41-9145-AF082CD83F1B.jpeg

Built this storage rack last fall but never got around to painting it. Knocked the rust off. Painted w/ Toyota 033 white leftover from a roof restoration project.
F7D03624-5964-4F9B-B3C9-15C65C03E5BA.jpeg

174FE3E7-BED2-4AF6-9586-1D91D8CBF1F1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom