Need Part Number for Heater Hose T's (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For my 2007 Land Cruiser 100, 215K miles. In a thread here I was advised to avoid breakdown to replace my two heater hose T's.
I bought two heater hose T's - Toyota description "PIPE, WATER" from TWO different dealers. They both sent me part number 87248-60460.

Both T's are way too small. I would say about 30% undersized. I'm Looking for the right part number and to understand what happened.

Just go metal. Measure the diameter of your pipes and match accordingly.

Be done with it.

Heater Tee1.jpg

I'm not sure what you are trying to fix but the only one I ever sold was the 87248-60460. Shown here in the illustration as 87248X.

The upper bibs are 16mm (5/8 inch) and the lower bib is 13mm (1/2 inch).

Screenshot_2019-06-15 87-16 HEATING AIR CONDITIONING - WATER PIPING diagram, 2007 TOYOTA LAND ...png

Well that sucks. I just ordered the same thing yesterday. That was the part number I got from the Lexus parts diagram.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you are trying to fix but the only one I ever sold was the 87248-60460. Shown here in the illustration as 87248X.

The upper bibs are 16mm (5/8 inch) and the lower bib is 13mm (1/2 inch).

View attachment 2003843
That's the part Dad. I measured at the widest part (where the line from 8724X points) and on my cruiser the width is 22mm and the new part is 19mm. The external diameter of the upper pipe is 17mm and internal is 13mm. So maybe the part is now being made cheaper. It certainly looks far less robust than the original. Mabe metal is the way?

I know there has been at least one revision. This part number is also used on 80 Series and my original on my 80 was brass.

So if I am understanding correctly your "too small" relates to the overall length as opposed to the diameter of the bibs?

That's the part Dad. I measured at the widest part (where the line from 8724X points) and on my cruiser the width is 22mm and the new part is 19mm. The external diameter of the upper pipe is 17mm and internal is 13mm. So maybe the part is now being made cheaper. It certainly looks far less robust than the original. Mabe metal is the way?

IF you are reusing your old hoses...the ends where they connect to the Tee's are going to be 'belled' somewhat. So in order to get a good tight fit...I went one size up on mine 3/4" x 3/4" x 5/8" in a metal Tee. Fit nice and snug. It would be too tight IF you were replacing the hoses with OEM new. Something to consider.

Reactions: GTV
I know there has been at least one revision. This part number is also used on 80 Series and my original on my 80 was brass.

So if I am understanding correctly your "too small" relates to the overall length as opposed to the diameter of the bibs?
Dan there a lot more material in the center and I'm sure the walls of the pipe is thinner. Grab one of your shelf and see what you think. My feeling is the original ones in there are as good as the new.

Dan there a lot more material in the center and I'm sure the walls of the pipe is thinner. Grab one of your shelf and see what you think. My feeling is the original ones in there are as good as the new.

Dan is at the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum in Salt Lake City now, so probably doesn't have a pair of Tee's on the shelf, but who knows. He is still the parts Shaman in my mind.

Didn't know Dan had left the dealership. Oh well hope Salt Lake is on a trip list

Can you post a picture of the two side by side?

It was discussed there was an error with some of the adjoining hoses in the parts catalog. Perhaps it is related to the problem?

I aim in two minds as to whether I should leave well alone. There is no cracking to be seen in original but maybe i'll pull the original to inspect and take a pic

I have decided to keep the new parts but NOT install them but carry them in the car so I can do the fix if the original T's fracture. Is this a good plan?

I have decided to keep the new parts but NOT install them but carry them in the car so I can do the fix if the original T's fracture. Is this a good plan?
Personally, I rather work on my vehicles in the comfort of the garage... not under the sun when dressed-up fancy and the wife asking if the car is totalled.

That's just me.

But you said the new parts don’t fit, correct?

That's definitely the correct part number. I did mine at 200k last fall and replaced all the hoses too. One of the T's was ok, but the other crumbled upon disassembly. JMO, but 200k T's are at the end of their service life and best replaced as a preventative measure.

If I were you'd I'd replace them and if the original hoses are too stretched for a good fit I'd replace them also.

I aim in two minds as to whether I should leave well alone. There is no cracking to be seen in original but maybe i'll pull the original to inspect and take a pic

You should at least pull out the old ones for inspection and comparison to the new Ts. You would not see any cracks in the part of the T that you can see. Cracks would be inside the hoses. Riding around with the new Ts is not a good plan. You could be risking your engine.

But you said the new parts don’t fit, correct?
I made that decision by measuring the part of the T that is visible between the three hose. I have been convinced here that Toyota has made the t's weaker with thinner walls and that the pipe diameters will be correct. But I agree with a comment above that I need pull them and compare side by side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom