. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Best 'guess' is that it is an unused (U.S. Market) plug. Probably used on 105 series with the 1FZFE engine which has a low oil level sensor (in the oil pan) at exactly that spot.

That makes sense, I’ve been scratching my head what it does since putting the new engine in. No codes and everything works, so i was thinking it was something not important

Both the 80 and 100 Series Toyota vehicles have unused connectors and harnesses in various places. Most are behind the dash and since they are out of sight....cause no concern. But a few are right out there in the bald-ass open and do make you wonder what they are for.

It's a Toyota thing...that's all I can say.

That extra dash wiring harness came in handy when I threw a center diff lock switch in my 80, plug and play, easiest mod I’ve done yet.

Same here. Love the color of your 80 BTW.

Thanks, believe or not a blue 80 was surprisingly difficult to track down, this one took me 2 years to find. 1 owner, 3X locked, garaged, well maintained at the dealer, kind of a unicorn.

Oh....I absolutely believe it. When I was looking for mine (almost 20 yrs. ago now) I had decided I would hold out for one of two colors: Nightshadow Pearl or Moonglow Pearl. Took me over a year in the Texas Metroplex Markets to find a Moonglow Pearl and never did see a Blue/Nightshadow for sale.

Found a MG/Pearl at a large dealership in Houston (trade in). Neat as a pin, well cared for...good service history (stack of receipts all from one dealership).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom