2019 LC200 GX w/ 5 speed manual & barn doors. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi from Doha.
I recently picked up a 2019 200 series base model GX. It has the v6 engine and a 5 speed manual transmission.
This is considered the lowest spec land cruiser 200 available in my local market.
No rear locker but it does have active traction control. Large fuel tank (93+45), cruise control, cool box, 2 airbags, no third row(with tonneau cover), cloth seats, rear foglight and a useless tire pressure monitoring system.
No sunroof and no rear roof ac, just two vents behind the cool box. It weighs around 2400-2450kg empty.
One complaint I have so far is that the passenger side mirror shakes at highway speeds.
20190614_130058.jpg

20190609_083244.jpg

Screenshot_20190614-134312_Gallery.jpg

222.jpg
111.jpg

Last edited:
20190605_185201.jpg

Rpm in 5th (highway speed)
Rpm.jpg

I also own a 98 100 series with a 5 speed manual (thread in the 100 section)
20190612_155303.jpg

I won't be doing much in terms of mods for the time being but I'll be enjoying all the cool build threads on this forum.
The temperature right now.
Temp.jpg

Absolutely cool ! I had a friend with an early 100 like that years ago. In the USA.

In my mind THATS a Cruiser.
Thanks. I had the option of going for a higher spec version but that would have meant selling my 98. 2 cruisers is always better than 1!
I also enjoy driving a manual transmission and the only version sold locally with the manual transmission is the base GX.

Last edited:
Very cool, I thinks its awesome that you can have those options in your market. Most land cruiser enthusiasts here want the platform, drive-train and reliability and could do without a lot of the luxury if they had an option. Personally I would jump at the chance to buy 2019 optioned like you have though I would like to retain the V8 and automatic. I feel once you started adding bumpers, drawers, sliders and roofrack with a suspension and tires it would really hamper the V6's performance. Thanks for sharing :cheers:

Very cool, I thinks its awesome that you can have those options in your market. Most land cruiser enthusiasts here want the platform, drive-train and reliability and could do without a lot of the luxury if they had an option. Personally I would jump at the chance to buy 2019 optioned like you have though I would like to retain the V8 and automatic. I feel once you started adding bumpers, drawers, sliders and roofrack with a suspension and tires it would really hamper the V6's performance. Thanks for sharing :cheers:

Thanks. We get lots of variety when it comes to options and trim levels.
I don't need much armor for the type of offroading I do, which means I never have to worry about overstressing the v6.

Thanks. We get lots of variety when it comes to options and trim levels.
I don't need much armor for the type of offroading I do, which means I never have to worry about overstressing the v6.

What is the % difference in price between the low spec and fully loaded options?

What is the % difference in price between the low spec and fully loaded options?
89% increase between the base model and the highest spec VX.S grade.
We also have other trim levels with various engine options that slot in between.

Way cool forbidden fruit for the US market. Got any pics of the barn doors open?

It's an interesting question if a base vehicle like this would sell in the states. I think not as we're a market where cars are sold by features and glutton rather than core virtues.

Way cool forbidden fruit for the US market. Got any pics of the barn doors open?

It's an interesting question if a base vehicle like this would sell in the states. I think not as we're a market where cars are sold by features and glutton rather than core virtues.
Toyota offers so many different trim levels around the world that they can easily offer a tailor made base model to suit the US market if they wanted to.

I'll update with better pics tomorrow when the light is better.
222.jpg
111.jpg

Last edited:
First mod i did when the vehicle was new was add husky liner floor mats to the front.
I was worried the clutch would snag the top of the floor mat but luckily I had no issues.
Clutch1.jpg

For the second row I went with weathertech, thought I'd mix it up a little and it seems like most reviews favoured weathertech for the second row.
2ndrow.jpg

Third row (Genuine Toyota floormat)
3rdrow.jpg

I wonder if the V6 gets worse gas mileage than the 5.7 V8 auto combo. In a lot of the full size trucks, the larger V8's get better mileage.

89% increase between the base model and the highest spec VX.S grade.
We also have other trim levels with various engine options that slot in between.

If the LC was available here with a similar starting base price, I think they'd sell like crazy, although I love the 5.7 and KDSS. I'm sure Toyota doesn't want competition with the Sequoia and 4Runner. I'd be happy to take a base spec Land Cruiser, and would take it over a limited 4Runner any day of the week. I'd also love the standard stereo in lieu of the integrated system we have here. Then again, I'm just glad that Toyota continues to offer the 200 in our market.

I think there would be a market for 5-speed base LCs at $50K (even $55K) in the United States... problem is, Toyota is used to fat margins here on the LC. The resale environment would certainly be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom