Anyone try this oil filter yet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW, I used to use the M209A filter in my truck but have since been buying a pack of 6 Toyota filters online for cheap and have been using them for ~20k miles now.

I run on a 5k interval for oil and tire rotation as I'm still trained from all of the German (BMW/Audi) cars I have owned.

I have been pairing these (M1-209) with the Extended Performance Mobil 1 5W-30 for a couple of years with no issues. I buy a 2-pack on Amazon.

My question is i am planning on running the m1-209 filter but do I need to run the extended performance Mobil 1 or go with high mileage Mobil one all of which are going to be fully synthetic. I have a 2002 LC with 215,000 on it. I’m also planning on running it for 8,000-10,000 miles or once a year which ever comes first. I have heard great things on this setup but I was getting confused on the extended performance that says up to 15,000 miles on it or the high mileage that’s over 75,000 miles on your car.

Went to Walmart yesterday and they now carry OEM Toyota filters. Once they start carrying synthetic Dex III it'll be a 1 stop shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom