SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (2 Viewers)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two months to go, really looking forward to this. Hopefully work takes a powder and I can really unplug, unlike Cruise Moab. That was an amazing trip I'll have to do again because I ended up working the whole damn time. As of right now I'm solo, but trying to convince my son and/or my brother in law to go with me. Really looking forward to this one, because my wife and I love Colorado, really want to move out there at some point.

Two months to go, really looking forward to this. Hopefully work takes a powder and I can really unplug, unlike Cruise Moab. That was an amazing trip I'll have to do again because I ended up working the whole damn time. As of right now I'm solo, but trying to convince my son and/or my brother in law to go with me. Really looking forward to this one, because my wife and I love Colorado, really want to move out there at some point.

This is a family oriented gathering Mark. We encourage everyone to bring their spouses, yahoos, and pets. It's really more of a vacation with likeminded people and continues to improve every year.

This is that kind of trip. It is a vacation, and the intent is to keep it that way - family-friendly, low-key and no set itinerary other than the planned raffle and a group photo. Otherwise, enjoy everything at your own pace and choosing. Great group of folks!

My wife would love to go on this one, but she can't get the time off. So I'm trying to get my son to go, he's never seen anything like the Ouray area and he loves camping. Dog is 13 and while he's in great shape, he wouldn't handle the trip well. We'll see how it goes, I'll be there no matter what.

Well folks, we are about 8 weeks out. I hope all our old and new friends are being proactive in getting your Cruisers ready for the long haul. We encourage you to meet up and travel with folks from your area and meet up with the other ones along the way. It really adds to the whole experience of owning and driving some of Mr T's iconic vehicles cross country.
Post up what you've done and don't be afraid to ask any one of us for a hand. We have some of the best knowledge of any automotive group pulling together to join as a family in the San Juans. I can speak from experience that this group knows their Cruisers.
Casey..

Resized_20180810_110442.jpeg

Well folks, we are about 8 weeks out. I hope all our old and new friends are being proactive in getting your Cruisers ready for the long haul. We encourage you to meet up and travel with folks from your area and meet up with the other ones along the way. It really adds to the whole experience of owning and driving some of Mr T's iconic vehicles cross country.
Post up what you've done and don't be afraid to ask any one of us for a hand. We have some of the best knowledge of any automotive group pulling together to join as a family in the San Juans. I can speak from experience that this group knows their Cruisers.
Casey..

View attachment 1995858
Yeehaw

20190605_223146.jpg

Casey..

View attachment 1995858

How about we hook up a tent trailer, drive 11 hours to pick up a low-miles, unmolested 80 in Arizona in roughly 10 days, drive it back to Texas and see how much molesting we can get done before heading out to SAS3?

How about we hook up a tent trailer, drive 11 hours to pick up a low-miles, unmolested 80 in Arizona in roughly 10 days, drive it back to Texas and see how much molesting we can get done before heading out to SAS3?

Thats a Horrible Idea! What time do you want to leave?

Thats a Horrible Idea! What time do you want to leave?

ASAP. Load the cooler, get on the horn with Trail Tailor, order a few tires and get it done. Maybe have a cold beer or two with @MURPH while we're at it. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Casey..

View attachment 1995858
Get our Cruisers ready? You mean we have to actually work on our 30+ year old rigs 😱. I thought that's what the warranty was for 🤪. Will I be banished for towing mine there from Cali.😎 ? I promise I will make up for it on the trails , can't wait.:cheers:

Whatever it takes to get there man. We might rib you a bit but thats what the brotherhood is about.

ASAP. Load the cooler, get on the horn with Trail Tailor, order a few tires and get it done. Maybe have a cold beer or two with @MURPH while we're at it. Just a thought.

Yeeeehaw!!! A cruiser pickin trip. Nice!!

Yeeeehaw!!! A cruiser pickin trip. Nice!!
Cruiser pickin' is pickin' up. I was at the local hardware store this morning and was talking to the owner. He's got a very nice '76 FJ40. This morning he told me he found a '72 FST FJ40 up in the mountains and is going to get it next week. It's been parked in the woods behind the owner's house for ~25 years. Hopefully another one can be saved. He might go with a hardtop, and I happen to have all he needs from my '71 FJ40 - which is getting a later top with kick-out vent windows and correct roll bar. Tempted to take a ride with him when he goes to pick it up.

Cruiser pickin' is pickin' up. I was at the local hardware store this morning and was talking to the owner. He's got a very nice '76 FJ40. This morning he told me he found a '72 FST FJ40 up in the mountains and is going to get it next week. It's been parked in the woods behind the owner's house for ~25 years. Hopefully another one can be saved. He might go with a hardtop, and I happen to have all he needs from my '71 FJ40 - which is getting a later top with kick-out vent windows and correct roll bar. Tempted to take a ride with him when he goes to pick it up.

John, life is short. Hop on in. @CaptClose and I have had some grand old time pickin. It is da bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom