Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd start looking here for armor. I run the stage 3 lite steel package. You feel the added weight initially and then that fades, similar to sliders. Simply put, this armor gives one more confidence when the opportunities present themselves on the trail. Front bumper you need to decide if you want a full bullbar or the non-loop variant, then go shopping. good luck. IMHO you dont need a winch or front bumper to enjoy this ride / trip. The OE front bumper takes a lot of abuse with no added weight. If anything I'd look at making sure your recovery points are solid and if not then upgrade those and buy some good recovery gear. Enjoy your trip and make some good memories.

Hey, thanks for the thoughts there - I was looking at his site a few days ago, but my concern is that if we're 10-12 weeks out from a BudBuilt delivery then I'll miss having the gear on the truck for the trip.

Agreed re: bumper and winch, it's more of a while-I'm-there sort of thing. We were at Breck 2 years ago and I didn't see anyone in our groups get stuck. Already have traction boards and some good straps and tree savers and clevis shackles etc. in a bag even so. :)

I did the first LCDC with just KO2s. I removed my running boards but otherwise stock.

Hey, thanks for the thoughts there - I was looking at his site a few days ago, but my concern is that if we're 10-12 weeks out from a BudBuilt delivery then I'll miss having the gear on the truck for the trip.

Agreed re: bumper and winch, it's more of a while-I'm-there sort of thing. We were at Breck 2 years ago and I didn't see anyone in our groups get stuck. Already have traction boards and some good straps and tree savers and clevis shackles etc. in a bag even so. :)
I believe that timeline of 10-12 weeks to be padded. More of an under promise and over deliver deal, which is fine. If you are serious then I suggest to communicate your timeline and ask if that is realistic for them to produce and ship within. Install once you have them in your possession is an hour or two, unless you order bare metal and need to paint.

I believe that timeline of 10-12 weeks to be padded. More of an under promise and over deliver deal, which is fine. If you are serious then I suggest to communicate your timeline and ask if that is realistic for them to produce and ship within. Install once you have them in your possession is an hour or two, unless you order bare metal and need to paint.

Mine was pretty close to the original estimate of 10-12 weeks. Unfortunately, they’re still in my garage waiting for a couple of repairs before I put them on.

Just wanted to chime and say that we're pretty happy with the routes on the agenda this year. We've managed to offer fan favorites such as Alpine Loop, Imogene, Black Bear, and Poughkeepsie each day. We're also excited about the prospect of wildflowers at Yankee Boy and Governor Basins this year given the lasting snowpack and will be running that combination each day as well. We have Corkscrew groups on Friday and Saturday plus some adventures put on by the Slee team.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Poughkeepsie the most this year primarily because I like the idea of coupling it with either Clear Lake or Picayne (Picayune) / Placer Gulches which both offer a ton of variety in a single day.

Additionally, the wife and I have made a bit of a tradition out of running the Alpine Loop on our own prior to the event so we plan on carrying on that tradition this year to also pre-run the trail for the event. This will be the first year that we're likely to miss Black Bear unless we run it on our own. Maybe we'll find time :)

What trail are y'all looking forward to the most?

I'd start looking here for armor. I run the stage 3 lite steel package. You feel the added weight initially and then that fades, similar to sliders. Simply put, this armor gives one more confidence when the opportunities present themselves on the trail. Front bumper you need to decide if you want a full bullbar or the non-loop variant, then go shopping. good luck. IMHO you dont need a winch or front bumper to enjoy this ride / trip. The OE front bumper takes a lot of abuse with no added weight. If anything I'd look at making sure your recovery points are solid and if not then upgrade those and buy some good recovery gear. Enjoy your trip and make some good memories.

How has the lite steel held up for you?

How has the lite steel held up for you?
Just fine. Ive come down hard on them a few times, not by choice, and nothing. Not even a ding. Solid plates and well thought out.

First post for me. We live in Pagosa Springs about 3 hours from Ouray. Great area. I don't get on the internet much and a friend steered me toward this site.

Looks like I am late to the party this year but hopeful to make it next year.

Enjoy and look forward to seeing pictures.

- Chris.

Anyone able to get the 'Email my Sched' button link to work on the 'My Schedule' page?

'My Schedule' shows I got my trails, just was looking for a bit more confirmation. ;)

Looks like the @Markuson Imogene run was the first to reach capacity.

I guess the promotional video did its job. Good luck, Saturday Imogene crew, you're gonna need it. 🤣

Lol!
I’m thinking it probably filled up because most people did NOT see my goofy video! Ha ha

Seriously though… I was beginning to worry that some might not realize it was a joke…!
I actually DO have more than two teeth. :hillbilly:

Last edited:
Anyone able to get the 'Email my Sched' button link to work on the 'My Schedule' page?

'My Schedule' shows I got my trails, just was looking for a bit more confirmation. ;)

I just tried out that feature and so far have not received an email. I'll give it some more time but otherwise will file a bug with Sched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom