SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (2 Viewers)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone going to, or want to go to Moab before the event?

I'm planning on going there for at least a few days. Never been. Would have preferred after the event, but I have to get right back to Florida to get my daughter to first day of school.

I'm planning on going there for at least a few days. Never been. Would have preferred after the event, but I have to get right back to Florida to get my daughter to first day of school.
I'm going after SAS. I think a few other people are as well - @rhah @EasternYeti ? If Ouray gets boring, I'll probably head over to Moab a little early.

I'm optimistic that this will be ready for the trip, but it's going to be close.
DSCN1453.JPG

If you are in Missouri now then yes. I can change the list if that is correct Klaus.

Regarding Moab, my current plans are to go prior to SAS. Would like to get there Fri late or maybe fairly early Sat.

Hot that time of year in moab, Last year in beginning of sept it was around 100 , but the la sal mountains are close enough to provide relief!

Small group from SW missouri are going kokopelli trail to moab and then rim rocker over to summit. Start Kokopelli Friday afternoon and hit Ouray Wed.

In years past with heavy snowpack the county gets busy plowing and clearing the passes. FJ Summit is in the first part of July. That brings in a whole lot of people with wallets full of tourism cash just waiting to be spent in Ouray. They make a big effort to have most if not all trails passable by this time.
We have strategically set our dates after this so the trails will most likely be clear and uncrowded.
The first two SAS gatherings have seen very little snow at elevation. Really looking forward to seeing the snow walls as we navigate the area. A truly unique experience in August.

We’ve talked about doing this as I’ve never been and really want to. We’ll just have to see as we get closer though if time allows. I don’t wanna ditch SAS early though as I really enjoy chilling out.

This year we wanna really go on some nice scenic spots and let the kiddos explore a lot. Anyone else with kids wanna do that, let’s connect. My son is almost 10 and my daughter almost 6. I also wanna do some challenging stuff with the 80 this year, but I gotta keep the fam in mind if I wanna keep doing it. Lol.

FF6E9BAF-5A9F-488F-B45B-48DE7C559FB3.jpeg

8465613D-DF4B-4057-989D-2075DD80E257.jpeg

C321EAA7-40D5-46E9-9ED7-F1A2576F0A45.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom