Emergency help needed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joseywales

Renaissance Redneck
Threads
Well, it may not be an actual emergency, but I need to know sooner than later. The wife gave the go ahead for a Softopper not long ago, and I’m planning on ordering one tomorrow. The big issue is color. My 4Runner is red, and we are thinking of going tan with tinted windows. It looks great on red in my mind. Has anyone seen (or better yet have pics) the gray color on a red rig? I don’t think I’ll do black as it will get too hot for my dogs that ride in back. My interior is gray, which is what has me second guessing the tan.

Thoughts or opinions welcome. Random web pics below:
CEA07104-1BC8-47C6-8E38-F8CA6912A8BF.jpeg
814254EB-4276-4506-A539-A3756B2D0187.jpeg
t

My rig for reference:

49CE4D92-31DE-47C5-885D-680F7D7AC821.jpeg

Ultimately its on you.
Personally i prefer grey to tan.
I don't really think that there is going to be a huge temp difference between the two.
The red/tan combo you posted does look good.

I originally painted my half top tan, was not well received for some reason. Lol
Resampled952012-06-119518-57-1695122.jpg

I personally would go gray or black..but tan on that one 4Runner does look good.

I had this same debate when I was painting the hardtop on my YJ. I thought tan would be good for the hot summers here but ultimately went with black.

Yeah, tan and blue gnob? What were you thinking?? :hillbilly:

I spoke with Bob at Softopper this morning (he is a great guy to chat with) and we kind of agreed that gray would be best with a gray interior as you can see them both together through windows, when it’s rolled up etc etc. He sent me some pics of red/gray combos too. He said if I order it tomorrow he can have it to me before the weekend. I’ll be doing a “red truck run” recon trip to Oregon for Memorial Day, so it will be nice to have it on the truck!

I’m sure part of me will always like the tan since it looks so good with red, but Iunless the wife totally vetos the gray I’m seeing it go that way.

Wait hold up a second there.

You're not talking about the red truck run that I was supposed to be taking part in right??!

Of course it’s THAT red truck run! (I figured that would get y’alls attention!). I’m just doing “recon” which is to say I’m going to hit a bunch of wineries around Dundee and Newberg. I doubt we will need 4WD to negotiate the parking lots... possibly if I “taste” too much!

Wife has agreed that although the tan might look nicer, it would be horrible with a gray interior.

Wife has agreed that although the tan might look nicer, it would be horrible with a gray interior.

I have a tan top with gray interior and honestly it makes no difference between the exterior and interior especially with tinted windows which you should always get with these tops(my front windows are tinted also). the inside of the top isn't the same color as the outside, it's much lighter and doesn't clash at all. Get the color you think looks best from the outside. I've had this top since 2011 and never once thought about or noticed the difference between the exterior and interior color

0329191641.jpg

Last edited:
Of course it’s THAT red truck run! (I figured that would get y’alls attention!). I’m just doing “recon” which is to say I’m going to hit a bunch of wineries around Dundee and Newberg. I doubt we will need 4WD to negotiate the parking lots... possibly if I “taste” too much!

Recon for the official Oregon Red Truck Run?

Recon for the official Oregon Red Truck Run?

Recon for where to get a bottle of the local grog. Not for trails. We will leave that up to our local guide. Being that I’m on 32s with open difs, I’m hoping there is something I can even do?

I now have tracking from brown Santa on a gray top with tinted windows inbound! My Visa is still stinging a bit, but it will be a good investment I think!

I have a tan top with gray interior and honestly it makes no difference between the exterior and interior especially with tinted windows which you should always get with these tops(my front windows are tinted also). the inside of the top isn't the same color as the outside, it's much lighter and doesn't clash at all. Get the color you think looks best from the outside. I've had this top since 2011 and never once thought about or noticed the difference between the exterior and interior color

View attachment 1982681

For some reason I didn’t see your post until just now. I ended up ordering the gray one. With front tint it doesn’t make much difference, but front tint is illegal here and you can totally see my interior color through the glass. I’m sure it will look great in gray too. At least I hope so as it’s 1/3 of the way here already!

What size tire are you running? It looks perfect for your rig!

Grey guts and a tan top would be like black shoes and a brown belt. It may not bother the wearer but the rest of the world gets to look at it and wonder who dressed you.....:lol:

Grey guts and a tan top would be like a black shoes and a brown belt. It may not bother the wearer but the rest of the world gets to look at it and wonder who dressed you.....:lol:

The shaman has spoken. :rofl:

Grey guts and a tan top would be like black shoes and a brown belt. It may not bother the wearer but the rest of the world gets to look at it and wonder who dressed you.....:lol:

Thanks for the support Dan! We wouldn’t want to offend onlookers now would we? We’ll leave that to the Heep crowd!

Looks great Liveoak!

I’ll post a few pics when I get the top on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom