The Coleman Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5 stoves seems about right. 4 lanterns though...maybe 4 of each model.

I visited the Coleman store in Hagerstown, MD a few years ago and was disappointed. If you ever get to Wichita, KS, be sure to visit the Mother Ship store for an amazing variety at good prices.

Scored this just now.

This is the rare one. Number zero is what you need for 242s. The number 1 aluminum won't fit. This has been on my list for a long time.

Nice find. I've never seen one except for pictures.

Just have to post these up here

Maybe? 228 with guillotine case for $40? Should I buy?
1973 COLEMAN LANTERN

No way for me ($150 200A) but nice and interesting
Red Coleman Lantern

EDIT: I picked up the 228F with guillotine case. It was pretty dirty and the bail is missing on the case. First it needed the pump oiled to build pressure. The c clip was missing but it can still pump up. Now it pumped up and held pressure but nothing was coming out. So I pulled the generator out and in the process it came apart on me because the cleaning needle was stuck to the spring and was all crusty. I punted and got a new generator. New mantles and:
12CF9BBC-62AC-41BE-B816-FB5E01F8D06D.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that paint all original? That looks amazing for almost 80 years old. Mine looks it's age. Nice score.

Is that paint all original? That looks amazing for almost 80 years old. Mine looks it's age. Nice score.
All original! Even the lid, where the legs slide over it to hold it down, has hardly any paint missing. The tank doesn't have a single ding in it. It even came with the little multi tool! Not sure if that's original or not, but pretty cool!

Awesome thanks for posting that up. I think someone with a laser cutting setup could make a killing making these in stainless.

@BHillteq that 425 is ridiculous!! One hell of a find!

Finally got around to cleaning up the 242C. Build date is 12-‘49. This little lantern appeared to be fairly well taken care of but also well used when I picked it up. Will burn in a new mantel and fire it up hopefully tomorrow evening. Here’s a couple before,

7A782904-ABD0-4FDF-9273-D6EA31E1A432.jpeg

9203DB5D-02C4-441D-B84B-7BF19A3BB7D6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom