Injection Pump advancing ? 13BT how in the... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok, I know I need to advance the pump, but how in the $*%*# do you get that nut between the IP and the block?
I haven't figured out the right combination, or if I even have the right tools to reach that.

any insight??

thanks

The same nut on the 2H is a real bugger to get to.. I'm assuming its the inline pump? And much the same. Removing injection line helpss and having a spotter from above whilst someone is inserting an assembly of extensions and wobble attachments on their socket driver from below is how I normally do it.

Last edited:
On my Isuzu 4BD2, with basically the same pump, I have used s couple really long extensions with a universal and socket. This works ok.

Then, I made this...Spare wrench, torch, grinder, and 15 minutes. Works great!!!

001.JPG
002.JPG

Great ideas guys. I have a spare 14mm I can bend and massage. I also got good tip to tape the extensions so they don’t fall off like they did this morning. What a pain!

Updating this thread.

I pulled the battery or batteries for you 24v guys, and was able to get a long extension, with short extension and wobble bit on the end to get that nut off.
The bottom nut I took the tire off and was able to reach it through the frame and fender.

My whole issue turned out to be timing, it was way too retarded. Running much much better, stronger and minimal white smoke on cold startup <40 degrees.

Did you check spill timing against the marks on crank pulley or just advance till it felt right? Did you get more knock at idle?

At this point I just advanced it until it felt right. My next steps are to spill time it again, to the correct mark. I got a little more knock at idle, but the engine is just louder overall now and pulls much harder. I did some 0-60ish mph runs just to get some data points. By just advancing, I cut 7 seconds off the 0-60 time.

I cut 7 seconds off the 0-60 time.

Very nice.. I'm also impressed you measure it in seconds.. at a rolling 3 tonnes when fully loaded for a trip I tend to measure 0-60 in minutes.

Very nice.. I'm also impressed you measure it in seconds.. at a rolling 3 tonnes when fully loaded for a trip I tend to measure 0-60 in minutes.

Yes lol, it’s not impressive, but I figured it would at least be a dataset. Currently 18 seconds is my record with just a few psi over stock. It’s literally calendar days better than my old H diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom