TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a question. Do any of you train your kids at home on tactics to engage if involved in a shooting at school? I assume there is a level of training at schools already.
That's a good point. There is a level of education on other subjects too, and based on the results I see regularly I don't think they will be prepared. Hard thing to prepare for though and definitely changes with age.

It's a deep issue. Respect for life seems less than lust for possessions. People are seen as obstacles or to be used, just traffic or someone to "like" our social media selfies. Instead of resistance inspiring self improvement, personal accountability is moot, counter resistance is seen as the answer. Want to be famous? Make a headline.

Japan was in the news again today for a foiled knife attack in a school. Slightly different situation, though. A 53yr old man went into the classroom, dressed as a plumber, to stab the 12yr old heir to the emperor. The kids were elsewhere at the time. He left his knives on the kid's desk as a warning. Arrested and confessed. Politically motivated as opposed to terror motivated, but it goes to the point of using whatever is available to accomplish the task.

It's a deep issue. Respect for life seems less than lust for possessions. People are seen as obstacles or to be used, just traffic or someone to "like" our social media selfies. Instead of resistance inspiring self improvement, personal accountability is moot, counter resistance is seen as the answer. Want to be famous? Make a headline.

Well stated @Bryanseye I guess that I am glad that I am 59 and not 19.

Japan was in the news again today for a foiled knife attack in a school. Slightly different situation, though. A 53yr old man went into the classroom, dressed as a plumber, to stab the 12yr old heir to the emperor. The kids were elsewhere at the time. He left his knives on the kid's desk as a warning. Arrested and confessed. Politically motivated as opposed to terror motivated, but it goes to the point of using whatever is available to accomplish the task.

Exactly on point @JohnVee At a point last year there were more total murders committed by knife in London than murders by gun in NYC for the same time period. It's a people problem not the weapon they chose to use problem for sure.

Charge them.
You have a stated policy.
Flight cancellation is not your fault, you should not eat the cost of the rooms that could have been sold to someone else.

Offer them to reschedule for one of say, 3 weeekends, when you don't anticipate high demand. Then if they don't, they'll be charged either way. That's more than fair IMO.

"like an animal, quiet and still".

He is five.

Could also be from The Diary of Ann Frank. Odd how things come full circle only now we are our own enemy. We do some really dumb shiz, you know, for the smartest creatures on the planet.

Could also be from The Diary of Ann Frank. Odd how things come full circle only now we are our own enemy. We do some really dumb shiz, you know, for the smartest creatures on the planet.
I thought it was dolphins, then mice, then us in the #3 spot.

We have standards (NICS, permits, etc).
Enforce the laws we have (felons in possession, possession of a stolen firearm, etc).
Fix the security in “gun-free” zones where shootings happen (no “mass shootings” in airports or banks with guards)
Help those with mental health issues. (might be the hardest one but we need to try)
Do those now and quit arguing over political agendas and blaming the NRA.

Last edited:
Topic change.....apparently its Harley Week in Myrtle Beach. Oh joy

I need to do a poll to see how many Toyota Land Cruiser people ride Harley's. I am guessing very few. Most of us are Japanese bikes guys/gals or German- KTM/BMW - mostly dual sport riders or trail riders.

I stopped riding in 83, all Japanese bikes. I always craved a vintage BMW. I got married and my ex told me "It's me or motorcycles" I made the wrong choice..... So when I got divorced instead of a bike, I got a boat. No need for a scoot in the Keys, it takes two hours to get out of the neighborhood.

When I moved back to land I bought a Yamaha Grizzly 700. Figured I was safer on 4 wheels in the woods than on two on the road. Took it to Tellico many times, Brown mountain, Coal Creek. It's been a farm workhorse for the last 9 years as well. It's an 05.

I had Harleys for 20+ years up until last year when I sold my old Road King. I never got into the Bike Week stuff. Not my style, but I did enjoy the bikes. I don’t think I’ll get another street bike of any kind. People on the road just don’t pay attention anymore and traffic around my area makes riding unbearable. I do miss doing long weekend rides in the NC /TN mountains.

I do keep a couple of old dirt bikes around for when the urge to ride hits.

Anybody else have problems at Scott Clark’s service dept? Told my wife to take it to get the oil change and tires rotated on her 05 limited sequoia on Saturday before we leave for vacation this coming Saturday. I drove it home that afternoon (5miles) didn’t really notice anything, then she drove it to work that night and said it rode like crap. So I drove it after church Sunday and checked it out. One of the cylinders out of the rear airbag suspension was out and the car is riding in the bumpstops . Idk if they didn’t turn the ahc off manually before they lifted it. Of course they said it could have been an existing problem but they would cover labor and give me a discount on the one airbag for $360. So I asked the cost for both airbags just to have it done and the total was $900ish plus tax. So I got pissed and told him I was coming to get it. I ordered 2 bags offline for $280 shipped. Just hoping I can get swapped and compressor and everything works before we leave this weekend.
Sad , wife’s family has been using since 94 (bought 5 new cars from them) . Her parents stopped going a couple years ago because of service department.

Anybody else have problems at Scott Clark’s service dept? Told my wife to take it to get the oil change and tires rotated on her 05 limited sequoia on Saturday before we leave for vacation this coming Saturday. I drove it home that afternoon (5miles) didn’t really notice anything, then she drove it to work that night and said it rode like crap. So I drove it after church Sunday and checked it out. One of the cylinders out of the rear airbag suspension was out and the car is riding in the bumpstops . Idk if they didn’t turn the ahc off manually before they lifted it. Of course they said it could have been an existing problem but they would cover labor and give me a discount on the one airbag for $360. So I asked the cost for both airbags just to have it done and the total was $900ish plus tax. So I got pissed and told him I was coming to get it. I ordered 2 bags offline for $280 shipped. Just hoping I can get swapped and compressor and everything works before we leave this weekend.
Sad , wife’s family has been using since 94 (bought 5 new cars from them) . Her parents stopped going a couple years ago because of service department.
My MIL took her Tundra in to Scott Clark for an oil change and tire rotation. They left a lug nut off...one of the locking lug nuts. I just bought her four new non-locking lug nuts and installed them for her. Those locking nuts are a PITA. One less thing for her to have to worry about. Who steals factory Tundra wheels anyway? Nothing about Scott Clark Toyota impresses me at all. Nothing.

Have you ever heard it said that the most dangerous place you can be is in a hospital? It's the same for vehicles and the dealership. I don't take my cars back to the stealership if I can help it. Definitely not once the warranty is out. No way.

Last edited:
Thats sloppy work. My wife came home once after getting new runflats at Hendricks Honda with 3 lugnuts out of 5 on EACH wheel. And the hood unlatched. I called them and not even an apology, even insinuated that maybe I am looking for free minivan lugnuts. That was the last time I ever went there.
Then a good friend of mine brought his Porsche Boxster to Hendricks Porsche to get new tires, drives off and turns the very first corner into Independence and ALL 4 wheels fell off. They forgot every single bolt for the tires.

We are better off doing work ourselves, for our family and own safety. And I avoid Scott Clark, service or parts, very inconsistent.

@roadstr6 I have thrown away so many wheel locks. When I buy a used car, order standard lug nuts and throw wheel lock and lock lugs in the trash asap.

Costco broke my wheel locks and called and was like "its your fault bro - come get your car." I had to go buy an impact socket to pound on there, beat it on and then remove my locks myself in the Costco parking lot.

I then told them I was ready for the rotation and they lied about rotating the tires, twice.

I would rotate my tires myself, but can't balance them :(

Tacoma is due now . . .wish I would have gone to Discount or even the Stealership (they price match) as I understand ONLY Toyota has lug-centric balancing anymore in talking to a LOT of tire shops/dealers.

GSMTR took me away from maintenance duty on my son's 88 Trooper. I dropped it off at Firestone because they replaced the in-tank fuel pump a month ago. Fuel fumes filled the cabin every time we drove it after their repair. I figured it would be a hose popped off and they would fix it. Nope, fuel pump revealed brittle o-rings on the injectors (two injectors replaced at this time). Wife and son picked up last week while I was away getting my groove on the trails. Get home 3am Sunday so I could follow my son back to college that morning. Drive an hour to school, following my son in his trooper. Gas up before I leave to come home and low and behold the trooper is running funny. He checks the oil and asks me to come look in the engine bay. Vacuum hoses are not connected to the manifold and some are missing. HUGE vacuum leak sounds. Spark plug wires are run under the brackets and rubbing on the block, the frieking air intake isnt even strapped down, the accelerator cable is under the intake tube (should be over and in a bracket). To add further insult to injury, the mechanic used a hack to fix the positive battery cable he disconnected. The strap was broken in half, a nail was jammed to the post to get good contact. Call the manager and inquire about the mechanics work habits and his ability to complete jobs. He offers for us to bring the truck back in immediately. Can't, truck will be back in town Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom