1st gen 4runner seat replacement assistance request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
mysite.verizon.net
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to get some 2004 Subaru Forester XT seats in almost new condition for a decent price. Problem is I have never seen them or even been in any subaru. I'm hoping someone on here as explored this already.

Can anyone help me with some information - I understand anything can be done, and I'm not too worried about acutally getting them installed, but I'm wondering:

1. Will I be able to maintain the console between the seats, or will the width require me to abandon that?
2. The subie seats - i believe are heated and forward folding. any confirmation on that?
3. I believe I will end up with a higher seat height, any confirmation and about how much higher - I'm 5'8" if that matters, don't mind sittin a few inches more up with better downward view on the hood and clearance of hte scoop [3.4l].
4. Do you suggest holding out for a better alternative, and if so what? assuming 2nd gen sr5s aren't just going to pop up in great condition for less than $75 total.

In the event I strike gold with the responses, feel free to throw out any tips relative to the 04 XT seats, and install 🤷‍♂️

Thank you,

Aaron

If your seats are shot, and the Scoobydoo seats are less than $75, I’d just get them and figure it out as you go.

alright, ^ thanks, I was hoping to get a better idea since I more than once have thrown money at things and end up with stock piles of useless parts. I think i'll just go to a junkyard and start sitting in a bunch to see whats nice, then take the time to do some measuring.

got some other more immediate tasks to handle first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom