Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there an ETA on when the 80 Series racks will be back in stock?

I hope inside of 2 weeks. I am backed up on side rails for all series right now waiting on laser cutting. I should have parts in the first of next week but I have a lot of orders to fulfill and it will take all of next week and the following weekend.

Today I am setting new pricing for all of the roof racks. I hate to do it but I am working on a near zero margin and have been for a while. Every time I make a change in my process it has been more money, as well as being hit with higher pricing on raw materials.

I don't mean to sound like I am complaining, as I love this business so far and really enjoy another chance to know MUD members and make new friends. That said, no one can work for free and this increase will hopefully open up an opportunity to get some help and get the other model racks developed as well as more time on the site to get accessories listed on there. This is a second career for me so luckily I have another income source.

I understand that this may drive some potential customers to other brands, and there are a lot of great ones out there. I am glad we have choices and I hope people will still choose my racks, but I have to ensure I will be a viable company going forward.

Thanks to all that have purchased and I am looking forward to growing the company in the years ahead!

Patrick

I got to see one of your roof racks in person today. That thing is a work of art sir! very nice!

One of Patrick's complimentary wrench / bottle openers in its natural element.

fish.jpg

key chain.jpg

After about 6 months with this rack on my 80, it is everything I hoped for and more. Super low profile, really clean fit, easy to attach just about anything, and just extremely well designed and built. Usually by now I’ve thought of little things that would make a product like this better, but I really don’t think you can find better for the cost. Bonus is that you get to spend your money with someone who is working hard to make a great product that is just as invested in Cruisers as you are. Can’t say enough about the rack or the guy behind it (even though we’ve only communicated online). Truly a great addition to my vehicle and to the community. Thanks!

@samtoddlee Do you have a wide shot of your rig? That rack looks very nice .

Today I am setting new pricing for all of the roof racks. I hate to do it but I am working on a near zero margin and have been for a while. Every time I make a change in my process it has been more money, as well as being hit with higher pricing on raw materials.

I don't mean to sound like I am complaining, as I love this business so far and really enjoy another chance to know MUD members and make new friends. That said, no one can work for free and this increase will hopefully open up an opportunity to get some help and get the other model racks developed as well as more time on the site to get accessories listed on there. This is a second career for me so luckily I have another income source.

I understand that this may drive some potential customers to other brands, and there are a lot of great ones out there. I am glad we have choices and I hope people will still choose my racks, but I have to ensure I will be a viable company going forward.

Thanks to all that have purchased and I am looking forward to growing the company in the years ahead!

Patrick

Unfortunately everything's going up. Minimum wage in Az is going up again in 6 months. That will be about 50% in 4 years.
I only had one minimum wager. Apart time kid to sweep floors, take out garbage. I eventually start training if they have a good attitude.
I haven't had one with a good attitude in a long time. Of course if the minimum wagers get 50% everyone else gets a raise.
I don't see how 10% price increases are avoidable in the states that think they need to follow the California m/w curve.
Keeping labor under 40% of overhead is a must.

Here's what mine will look like on the 60 I am restoring, if I ever get it done. @Box Rocket did the rendering for me. He got the rack done pretty accurately.

My old 60 is now in @Ocho77 's garage.
Bowfin60_Final2.jpg

Here's a recent customer photo of his 60 with the Bowfin rack.
1556368990506_image1.jpeg

For tonight it is 40 series rack work. Sooooo close! It is one tough profile.
20190520_210734.jpg

Patrick,

Great racks and excellent fabrication! I am shopping and have a couple of questions:

1) I assume your rack will fit my HJ61? It is a standard roof without sunroof and not a high top. As far as I know it should be the same as a 60 or 62.
2) Given the propensity for 60 series gutters to rust does the continuous side rail hold water in the gutter? Are there notches for it to drain? Are you aware if anybody has had this problem? Unfortunately I don't have a garage and also live in the Pacific Northwest so we see a decent amount of rain.

Cheers

Patrick,

Great racks and excellent fabrication! I am shopping and have a couple of questions:

1) I assume your rack will fit my HJ61? It is a standard roof without sunroof and not a high top. As far as I know it should be the same as a 60 or 62.
2) Given the propensity for 60 series gutters to rust does the continuous side rail hold water in the gutter? Are there notches for it to drain? Are you aware if anybody has had this problem? Unfortunately I don't have a garage and also live in the Pacific Northwest so we see a decent amount of rain.

Cheers

You are correct, the 61 regular roof will work fine. Water will drain out but the rail takes up quite a bit of real estate in that gutter. Ideally, you should make sure crud doesn't build up in there. Periodic washing out at the quarter car wash and also taking the lock bolts out and unlatching the rack to lift it up and clean the gutter would be a good plan. The durability of the 60 roof probably lies more in keeping the sealant present but considering how big the problem is when it does rust, a solid cleaning plan would be a great move.

P,

Did you ever make a 200 series rack? I've had a few guys ask and told them to contact you... HA....

J
I have not yet but I am finally getting to the point where I can get one happening. Hopefully my summer help (my poor broke college bound children) will free up some time for me so I can spend more time on development.

Here are some pictures with canoes on the rack. We’ve probably used it to haul a canoe like 20 plus times so far this season and driving as far as five blocks to 91 miles.

My wife prefers our Bowfin rack over the previous setup. Here she’s loading an old town 17 with a little help from her friend.

EEDBEE66-813D-41B9-928E-3A9DB3AD18B7.jpeg

6027569F-8F70-4BF8-A944-6EB079F5A704.jpeg

And this is a discovery 174 I just purchased off CL.

48463FB8-C5D8-4F77-B89E-D99EF222E106.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom