80 Series FENDER FLARE GASKET sets (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pricing Update. For the last three years I have offered these at 45.00 shipped. To help cover the multiple shipping and product cost increases over that period I will need to change the price to 50 shipped. For those that have reached out to me and/or have paid I still have a couple sets left at the old price. So no worries for those orders who have not yet shipped.

Thanks for your understanding and support,
Steve

Can these be painted to match the body color? Wondering if I could spray paint them white. Anyone done that?

Can these be painted to match the body color? Wondering if I could spray paint them white. Anyone done that?

With the use of an adhesion promoter (after they are applied) it will work with automotive paint and clear. Spray paint? Not likely.

Definitely worth $50+.

20180909_182028.jpg

Could you tell me how much of the gasket sits over the body?
The PO of my 80 replaced the gaskets with sikaflex... and i hope that these would be big enough to cover up the carnage.

Could you tell me how much of the gasket sits over the body?
The PO of my 80 replaced the gaskets with sikaflex... and i hope that these would be big enough to cover up the carnage.

Close to 3/16. I replied in the 80's section about using vinyl stripe from a lettering shop to cover the sikaflex carnage.

Close to 3/16. I replied in the 80's section about using vinyl stripe from a lettering shop to cover the sikaflex carnage.
Hiya,

I'm taking a chance here but would you be prepared to ship to my address in East Africa?

Cheers

Steve

how long is a set for all fenders?is this better quality than oem, given that it is epdm?

I’m on the road right now but in the directions I send with every set there is a section that explains how that can happen if the gasket isn’t situated properly. I can’t remember the exact wording but it has to be installed at the lowest possible point on the inside of the flare. There is also a sample I send with each set to do a test to insure it fits like you would want before proceeding.

You can also remove and use contact cement on both surfaces to reposition the whole gasket if need be.

I’m on the road right now but in the directions I send with every set there is a section that explains how that can happen if the gasket isn’t situated properly. I can’t remember the exact wording but it has to be installed at the lowest possible point on the inside of the flare. There is also a sample I send with each set to do a test to insure it fits like you would want before proceeding.

You can also remove and use contact cement on both surfaces to reposition the whole gasket if need be.
Thank you, let me see what I can do because my first try ended with gaps in between body and the gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom