What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (114 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These should look familiar to everyone. Finally fixed my power seats.

80DCF770-86AC-4AED-9D61-FAEBB43E31E0.jpeg

Decided to get away from the cold weather and look for the middle of nowhere. That happened to be southeastern Colorado last weekend.

pwiretd.jpg

pwiretd3.jpg

pwiretd2.jpg

Met up with a fellow mudder and went to the GC, did a total of 190 miles offroad this trip.
20190420_154058.jpg
20190420_205101.jpg
20190420_133544.jpg
20190420_132745.jpg

20190420_175814.jpg
20190420_132043.jpg
20190420_114932.jpg
20190420_204131.jpg
20190420_142631.jpg

20190420_121158.jpg
20190420_095404.jpg
20190420_111736.jpg

Replaced a bent radius arm, redid the brakes, and modified the front swaybar disconnect brackets as part of the prep for SW-Adventure 2019 and Cruise Moab. Still have a long list to get done this week.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Set of straight arms

Probably was good to replace the arms anyway since the rear bushings were pretty shot. Looks like the eyes/bushings had started to stretch as well.
Any idea how this happened??

Where did you get the side window shades? Looked through your older posts. How did you stick the suction cups onto the window shade material?

The suction cups have a button head, I pushed them through a small slit in the mylar film much like a button qnd button hole. Then I used a small zip tie around the inner diameter of the button head leaving the tail of the zip tie for something to pull the suction cup off the window. Without the tail.. you would not be able to keep the suction cups attached to the mylar while removing the sun sceens.

Clear as mud??

The suction cups have a button head, I pushed them through a small slit in the mylar film much like a button qnd button hole. Then I used a small zip tie around the inner diameter of the button head leaving the tail of the zip tie for something to pull the suction cup off the window. Without the tail.. you would not be able to keep the suction cups attached to the mylar while removing the sun sceens.

Clear as mud??

Here's two thousand more words for you!

20190423_051717.jpg

20190423_051708.jpg

Did lots of stuff over my Easter break.

Drained and swapped my coolant and changed my Temp Sensor and Sender units under the gooseneck. Those were a pain but it seems to have solved an intermittent high idle issue.

Swapped my sunroof glass. I bought the truck with what looked like two big softball size cracks.

Tightened down my oil pan bolts especially near the rear arch. Been chasing an oil leak and need to know if it’s the pan or the rear main seal. Some of my bolts were crazy loose.

Swapped my interior lights with @pfran42 ’s kit. Excellent results.

Swapped my AC drier, o-rings, and my condenser (with a used part) and cleaned my evaporator unit. Oh the birds nest I pulled out of that black box *shivers*. Got everything but toned down and ready for vacuum when we realized we needed an adapter for the high side service port on the R12 compressor! 🤬So that’ll be here Weds. (we’re sticking with R-12 I got epa certified lol). So i should have good 90’s era AC soon if everything goes well.

Also did some odds and ends. Tightened my V-Belts. Tried to clean up some of my headliner. Gonna try a steam cleaner next. And started treating my rear shock mounts with PB blaster in preparation for replacement soon. They are crispy.

Just a few pics. Unfortunately I didn’t take much. 1992

Any idea how this happened??
Not really. No single serious impact that i can recall. I tend to push the truck pretty fast offroad these days since the suspension smooths it all out so I'm sure happened during what has become fairly normal for me. Honestly, kinda surprised it bent, but I'm not the first to bend one of the stock arms.

Not really. No single serious impact that i can recall. I tend to push the truck pretty fast offroad these days since the suspension smooths it all out so I'm sure happened during what has become fairly normal for me. Honestly, kinda surprised it bent, but I'm not the first to bend one of the stock arms.

Slinky suspension is so nice, you won't even feel the damage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom