LX570 Slee Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like CBI can outfit an LX570 for SEMA but they don't sell anything but roof racks for them. 🙄

Looks like CBI can outfit an LX570 for SEMA but they don't sell anything but roof racks for them. 🙄
Actually, they don’t do that either. They advertise roof racks for the LX, but what they actually ship does not work as advertised/sold.
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my prinsu rack and would make the same choice again in a heartbeat, but my shop really had to bang their heads against the wall with first getting a rack that wasn’t actually for LX, and then the slow communication, and eventually being left to figure it out on their own, with the promise that they’ll (CBI) make it right with my shop for the many extra hours.
Last I checked, my shop’s bill collectors don’t accept promises or IOUs and so
I’ve told him to bill me if they don’t make it right.
With that being said, while the delays on other LX products are trying and frustrating, I really appreciate the fact that guys like Christo are making sure their products work as advertised, before selling and shipping.

Actually, they don’t do that either. They advertise roof racks for the LX, but what they actually ship does not work as advertised/sold.
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my prinsu rack and would make the same choice again in a heartbeat, but my shop really had to bang their heads against the wall with first getting a rack that wasn’t actually for LX, and then the slow communication, and eventually being left to figure it out on their own, with the promise that they’ll (CBI) make it right with my shop for the many extra hours.
Last I checked, my shop’s bill collectors don’t accept promises or IOUs and so
I’ve told him to bill me if they don’t make it right.
With that being said, while the delays on other LX products are trying and frustrating, I really appreciate the fact that guys like Christo are making sure their products work as advertised, before selling and shipping.
For sure! I want good stuff that is as close to plug and play as pos.

On the Mawlr build I cant see how they managed the fact that the LX running boards are integrated into the rocky/quarter panels.

FYI - I spoke with Christo Slee today. He said they are getting a manufacturing prototype back this week. He believes they are very close to starting production on the LX sliders again and are aiming to produce enough in the first round to fill their waiting list. Good news!

FYI - I spoke with Christo Slee today. He said they are getting a manufacturing prototype back this week. He believes they are very close to starting production on the LX sliders again and are aiming to produce enough in the first round to fill their waiting list. Good news!

I swear to all that is holy, if you’re lying...

For sure! I want good stuff that is as close to plug and play as pos.

On the Mawlr build I cant see how they managed the fact that the LX running boards are integrated into the rocky/quarter panels.

The running boards are held in by six bolts on each side and a pair of small bolts behind the front wheels, along with clips in the body. It's pretty easy to remove them, all you need is a socket set, impact wrench, and an extension. Removing them does change the step in height by about a foot (doesn't bother me) so it's easy to see why they are mass market equipment. Mine have been gathering dust for a while in storage along with the 3rd row seats and original wheels.

Last edited:
The running boards are held in by six bolts on each side and a pair of small bolts behind the front wheels, along with clips in the body. It's pretty easy to remove them, all you need is a socket set, impact wrench, and an extension. Removing them does change the step in height by about a foot (doesn't bother me) so it's easy to see why they are mass market equipment. Mine have been gathering dust for a while in storage along with the 3rd row seats and original wheels.

An impact is not required to remove the steps. A socket wrench set is suitable. They are small bolts and not torqued tight.

Rust damage excepted.

So who do I have to contact to get on the list? I don't use the running boards. I'm 5'11 3/4", according to my Dr. that F'er I swear I was 6' like 3 years ago, anyway would love to get the sliders dialed.

Leave a note on the slee email or call the shop during central time

Leave a note on the slee email or call the shop during central time
will do, I had reached out here but no response. i called today but was 20 min before they opened..I'll reach out to them when I can.

Bump.....Slee any updates? Are we wrong to keep waiting? Should we go another route? Holding off on harder trails until I get sliders but with the beautiful weather I'm chomping at the bit lol.

Left a message for them last week asking if there were any updates, no response yet, I'll try them again this week.

Any Updates? My calls went unreturned. Really frustrating that these parts cannot be made.

Does another vendor want to take this on yet?

I have to add to what Jackson said that we also had to tweak the design after multiple fitments to allow for more adjust-ability to ensure proper fitment to the vehicle and also alignment to the body.

Thanks for continuing to push to get these to MP (mass production)! I am guessing the LT to get to MP is going to be 12-16 weeks before you have any on hand? Does your manufacturer already have material on hand to build some complete sets?

I have to add to what Jackson said that we also had to tweak the design after multiple fitments to allow for more adjust-ability to ensure proper fitment to the vehicle and also alignment to the body.

Any news is good news. I'll be patiently waiting with my mangled plastic steps to give you my money lol

Assuming the new AHC delete procedure is a real long-term solution, 570 owners should now have the option of going with other brand sliders for their trucks once the AHC hardware is removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom