Bolt on turbo kit (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wasn’t asking him to supply anything other than his kit, i was curious if it could cause overboost issues if someone had a less restricted exhaust, in case someone had or wanted one. Cats or no cats.

The answer is yes, it could. But it can be managed though outside of the scope of this kit.

Ok don’t judge. This is JUST to get the truck driveable until the pipe shop can make the official pieces. Since I will taking the train out to Flagstaff next week with the intention of driving the turbo’d truck back here, needed to make sure the temp pieces were welded properly. How do you make sure the downpipe and both intake pipes don’t leak? Pressure them all and spray soapy water to see if there are any leaks. All good.

These should also be good enough for final CARB testing as well. But once I get back home, and everything works well, all of these pieces will go to have the jigs made and official components made.

Getting crazy close peeps ;)

4ADE2765-79A0-4A6F-A795-5113A33C6AC1.jpeg
9E51AA20-3014-42EB-A1B0-E3ED2155ACCB.jpeg

Hello,

New to J80's after losing my '89 4Runner in the Tubbs fire here in Santa Rosa in October 2017. Wanted to throw my hat in the ring to buy one of these kits. The timing for me is perfect. I bought a '97 bone stock, original owner J80 in November. My new house will be finished in June. Should have my garage up and running by August, time to get back to wrenching and off road trips. Having your house burn down pretty much sucks.

So, put me on the list, I have a bunch of insurance money to spend on the J80, flush with cash and itching to spend it!

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike, just so you know you have a 93 to 97 FZJ80 with a 1FZFE engine. The earlier 91 to 92 FJ80 came with the 3FE engine.

Ok don’t judge. This is JUST to get the truck driveable until the pipe shop can make the official pieces. Since I will taking the train out to Flagstaff next week with the intention of driving the turbo’d truck back here, needed to make sure the temp pieces were welded properly. How do you make sure the downpipe and both intake pipes don’t leak? Pressure them all and spray soapy water to see if there are any leaks. All good.

These should also be good enough for final CARB testing as well. But once I get back home, and everything works well, all of these pieces will go to have the jigs made and official components made.

Getting crazy close peeps ;)

View attachment 1934496View attachment 1934497

How close do you think is the carb process?

Silicone boots pictured above. What color (s) will You go with? Will black be an offering?

Hey Mike, just so you know you have a 93 to 97 FZJ80 with a 1FZFE engine. The earlier 91 to 92 FJ80 came with the 3FE engine.
Thanks,

My son and I are coming up to speed pretty quickly. Lots of reading and video watching. I knew the '89 Runner inside and out. Kind of weird to be behind the curve all of a sudden. We have a spreadsheet put together for the J80 build, and this turbo kit is on the list...

Mike

Just got the word from LT that the GenIV MAFs are done with machining and anodizing. There is a new straightener and sensor coming in as well so the new CNC machined MAFs will be ready to ship out fairly soon. Don’t have a price yet so keep an eye out and I’ll update.

This replaces the stock MAF housing that may have a crack in it and is NLA from Toyota.

For you folks jonesing for the turbo, this is an upgrade to consider since there is more heat in the area of the MAF now. The plastic original one, which is now at least 21 years old, could see higher temps and thus potentially cracking.

D0BBCEE1-42CF-42FA-B516-0928D5DC41BB.jpeg
4DBC392E-72DF-42F9-BA4E-BBA2BF972593.jpeg

zoom out :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom