Wanted Disk brake Fj40 axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to convert my 72 from drum to disk, I don’t have very much knowledge on this, what is a good price for a later front disk brake axle? And does anyone have one?
Thanks
Birdhead

I have one that is a mini-truck conversion, but shipping from California is a challenge. If all you want is front disk brakes, do a mini-truck or FJ60 conversion onto your existing axle. This opens up your options considerably and only requires slightly more than basic mechanical skills and a die grinder. An OEM FJ40 front disk axle in good condition should bring $400 - $700, FJ60 about the same or slightly more and prices often depend on what's available where you live.

Thanks,
I’m in Oklahoma and have found one 78 axle for 500 and a guy from New York who may give me a free one w: shipping of course.

If it's in good condition and complete w/calipers, hubs, etc., $500 is fair. The '78 axle is a bolt in deal. You'll need a proportioning valve for the rear axle, Wilwood from Summit Racing will work fine. If the guy with the '78 axle also has the booster, M/C and OEM proportioning valve you'll be golden. It will all bolt in.

If it's in good condition and complete w/calipers, hubs, etc., $500 is fair. The '78 axle is a bolt in deal. You'll need a proportioning valve for the rear axle, Wilwood from Summit Racing will work fine. If the guy with the '78 axle also has the booster, M/C and OEM proportioning valve you'll be golden. It will all bolt in.
Thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom