Dogs of MUD! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Well trained "Ankle Killers" too, by the picket spacing!

My wife sent me a text just now.

She was leaving for work, and Lela was lying down on her tummy, facing the door to my workshop, refusing to come in the house.

Waiting for me to come home.

Crap. Stuff like that just breaks my heart.
My :princess: and I both take on call time for work. If she gets called in there begins a door watching vigil that's both heart breaking and impressive all at the same time. They are seemingly indistractable and will stare at the garage door for hours if necessary. Sometimes I think they are trying to use mind control to make her magically appear through the garage door again. Funny thing is after a few hours it seems to work :D

My :princess: and I both take on call time for work. If she gets called in there begins a door watching vigil that's both heart breaking and impressive all at the same time. They are seemingly indistractable and will stare at the garage door for hours if necessary. Sometimes I think they are trying to use mind control to make her magically appear through the garage door again. Funny thing is after a few hours it seems to work :D

Yeah... but coming home isn't going to happen for 3 months.

Yeah... but coming home isn't going to happen for 3 months.
I'm sorry that's tough. Hope it goes quickly for all

I'm sorry that's tough. Hope it goes quickly for all

Well, it's been a little more than a month, so it seems to be. At times. Just to lighten up the mood, have found Lela's adoption pictures from the ARL. That would be two years ago, now.

53032369_10216870798476705_541912301662371840_n.jpg

52637348_10216870796316651_4578426135284547584_n.jpg

53279146_10216870795156622_8881795400927805440_n.jpg

Part hound, part pit, 100% love.

^^is that one of them diet doggie bowls?

This is Ellie, my nearly 9 year old 80lb rescue mutt. I've had her since she was roughly 2. She is, without a doubt, the best decision I've ever made in my life.

I know we all think our dogs are the best, and my case is no different. I lost Ellie a few days before Christmas. Just normal old dog stuff, her back legs weren’t working well and one morning she told me she had had enough. I like to think she had a happy life with me, filled with road trips, adventure, and most importantly, Love.
This picture was taken on her last road trip, in New Mexico. She laid on the front porch of our little KOA cabin and took in the sun, and wagged her tail as strangers walked by. She was the best dog ever.

4BE5C105-BFEC-499A-A869-B0B06F128F38.jpeg

I know we all think our dogs are the best, and my case is no different. I lost Ellie a few days before Christmas. Just normal old dog stuff, her back legs weren’t working well and one morning she told me she had had enough. I like to think she had a happy life with me, filled with road trips, adventure, and most importantly, Love.
This picture was taken on her last road trip, in New Mexico. She laid on the front porch of our little KOA cabin and took in the sun, and wagged her tail as strangers walked by. She was the best dog ever.

View attachment 1938806
Very sorry for your loss. They enrich our lives so much while they're with us, and we miss them so badly when they go.

Sorry for your loss. It's really the only bad part of having dogs in our life, they leave us to soon! It may sound bad to some, and hit home with others. But I've cried more at losing my four legged friends then I have at losing people I've known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom