Builds New To Me 83 Long Bed Pickup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's going on with the rear shackles? Might just be the angle of the picture, but they almost look inverted.
Definitely look inverted. When I buy lift springs for my ‘89 I’m going to buy some for the 90+ trucks. Maybe they will be long enough. Seems like all lift springs give you a terrible shackle angle.
# Chebby 63s!

As the kids would say :flipoff2:

Yeah they are definitely at a weird angle. That's what you get when you buy a cheap ass lift kit. I had Tacoma springs on my last one that were 53" if I recall and the angle was much better.

I drove the truck down to the bank the other day and the ride is.... not exactly plush. The steering wheel is also 90 degrees left at all times.

Looks great though. :steer:

I was dragging home another vintage Airstream yesterday and saw the most amazing red ‘81 (or earlier) pickup. I wish I could have snapped a pic, but I was doing 70 up the I-5 with my wife beside me (if I were alone I would have taken a pic!). It was perfectly restored, with some lift and about 32” tires and a nice winch/bumper up front. Even my wife liked it. I mention this as it reminded me of how great these old trucks can be with some love. I can’t wait to see yours with it’s new box etc on it.

Gotten a little more work done on the truck. Didn’t get many pics of the process though. (Sorry!)

Installed new tie rod, valve cover gasket, and half moons. I’ve driven it a few times. Suspension is really stiff. Hoping it will soften up some after driving more.

Oh and the correct bed is coming mid-April. Decided to repaint the truck the original gray color. Paint code is 143.

I used to have a gray ‘84 extra cab. I like that color. I like going back to original on the older trucks too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom