Photos? FJ Cruiser 17” steelies with 285 75s on SOA 60/62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to put these wheels and tires on my 62. Have had trouble finding photos of this setup after scouring the various threads. Any photos along with spacer size used would be much appreciated!

Any suggestions on tire make in this size would also be helpful. Will be mostly road driving with weekend camping and trail runs. Not hardcore off road.

Backspacing does not match the FJ60/62. You'll need spacers. @FJ60Seth ran the alloy FJCruiser wheels for awhile and he may have insight on the wheel spacers required.

These are 285/70/17 on my lifted 60.

F8819A45-4869-48B7-934B-D7DC49E0C330.jpeg

Looks beautiful. What size spacers are you running?

Backspacing does not match the FJ60/62. You'll need spacers. @FJ60Seth ran the alloy FJCruiser wheels for awhile and he may have insight on the wheel spacers required.
The wheel barely rubbed a TRE end, I forget which side so I ran 1” spacers. These are the wheels I had. The tires were 285/70/17 KM2's.

DCAF85B3-6155-418D-B2C8-2BC31D1CC3A0.jpeg

Last edited:
I do not have stock axles so I cannot help with the spacer set up but here is a pic of mine with nitto grappler 285/70/17

Not my favorite wheels to be honest so if you're looking for some...
IMG_20180728_153120.jpg

It’s actually the black 17 inch stock wheels I’m planning to run. Got a set of five last weekend. Need to clean them up a bit and figure out tires and spacers.

Like the skinny tire look but not much selection in them in 34s or 35s

Yep, fj cruiser Steelies. Good quality, relatively cheep, can be hammered back if bent on the trail. Truck is nearing completion at Stoffregen motor sports. Probably about a month out. We’ve had the 60 since about 1988. Had about 130 k miles before we decided to upgrade everything. Matt does fantastic work, unfortunately I think he’s booked with a big restoration/ upgrade on a fj62 for the next couple of years.

It’s actually the black 17 inch stock wheels I’m planning to run. Got a set of five last weekend. Need to clean them up a bit and figure out tires and spacers.

Like the skinny tire look but not much selection in them in 34s or 35s

Post when you figure out what spacers you need to use.

I do like the look of those rims.

Appreciate all the help, everyone. Will post pics once I get them on with tires. Leaning towards Toyo Open Country AT 285/75s w 1.5” spacers.

Can someone post a pic of these wheels straight, from the side. Does anyone know of something like this in 17 with perhaps fewer or no holes?

Thank you @NookShneer.

Any suggestions on spacers? Seems like Spidertrax and trail gear are the two of the most common.

285's will look tiny with a Springover.

285's will look tiny with a Springover.

Mine sits a little lower than most. Really just don’t want to go north of 35s and am having trouble finding options in say 11.5 or narrows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom