RTH...install old man emu torsion bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NexusD

SILVER Star
Threads
How to install them! I counted the splines with the five spline offset.

With this off set I can’t get the bolts back in on the anchor 🤦‍♂️ . If I get the bolts in I can’t get the adjusting both in.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

is the wheel hanging in the air? max droop

Don't count splines if you are installing new bars Zip tie the adjuster to the frame, back the adjuster bolt out until there is just a little on the top side. That gets you all the adjustment you can get with the bars. Put it all back together, then set the droop. Done.

I had the same problem. Install notes said to offset 5 teeth which maxed out my front end and had zero droop. I only had to offset 1 tooth to get it right and I have winch, bumper, skids etc.

Update I completed the job but only did a 4 spline off sit and that gave me just enough room to put the adjuster bolt in.
The 4 off still gave me the 2inch’s I was looking for.

I was installing the ome bars in which the instructions state a 5 spline off set.

I was super close to say F’ it and SAS the 100

Don't count splines if you are installing new bars Zip tie the adjuster to the frame, back the adjuster bolt out until there is just a little on the top side. That gets you all the adjustment you can get with the bars. Put it all back together, then set the droop. Done.

Do I line up the match marks on both ends when doing it this way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom