1971 Fj43 front license plate holder location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for knowledge of where to place the front license plate holder. On sone I see them centered others to the passenger side. Looking for the oem placement as if from factory. Might be difficult as I know 43 were not state side but Columbia and Brazil imports only. And I dont think they require them there but I'll take a fj40 location for a 71. Cant find. Thanks

The holes on the passenger side should line up with the license plate holder. Bumper was same for all cruisers I believe.

The holes on the passenger side should line up with the license plate holder. Bumper was same for all cruisers I believe.

View attachment 1915346

View attachment 1915347

Later had more holes in bumper. The license plate bracket pictured is a later simpler version.

Not sure what all the later extra holes were for but know what All the holes were for on the earlier bumper. License went in the middle unless the optional PTO winch was installed. Then it went on passenger's side outside the frame rail. Inside the frame rail there are two groups of three. The one further in on each group was for the PTO winch. The other two on the left we're for the guide for the rod used to start the engine by hand. The one on the right are for the license plate bracket. Just outside the plates for the bumper is a hole on each side for fog lights. Two holes outside that on the right are the optional holes for the license plate bracket. Would not work there if fog lights were added. If a winch and fog lights were present a bracket bolted to the bottom of the bumper and license plate sat in front of the bumper. Never seen one of those in person, only factory literature. Started around 73 I believe.

Need to save that last picture. Not sure why the U shaped bracket is wider in the back? The bumper top and bottom are parallel. Sure it bend and fit. Certainly be any weaker with spring steel under a little pressure.

Yes that is my bracket. But no holes in my bumper which is original. Except the front rubber cone holes. But all the input is invaluable. That's for responding so quickly.

That license plate bracket while it will work is not the correct style for 71. Appears 4/76 was the date the style changed. Once all the original older bracket were sold the part number superceded to the new part number. The bumper part number never changed so not sure when the extra holes were added. Newest OEM bumper I have is on a 10/75. It has the extra holes. All my other bumpers have the holes I laid out in a previous post. Would have to see a original bumper that didn't have any holes. Could you post a picture of the top side?

Yes let me unveile the beast. I have to remind you that the 71 FJ43 was imported strictly for Columbia and Brazil. And not in the states. So a plate wasn't required there. So not sure but any suggestions would help. I would just put the plate in the same position as the 71 fj40. Unfortunately there are no holes in my bumper like the ones you've shown. Thankscagain

Screenshot_20190228-090317_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom