Lost but now found (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
7FB5314A-D227-41AF-AF38-A2316DB6C011.jpeg
Last March I left my green 96 cruiser running while I ran into the neighborhood gas station to grab a beer. As I came back out I noticed my car wasn’t parked at the front door where I just left it. After the clerk replayed the surveillance and I saw it was stolen I called the cops. After 3 months of no sign of it I decided to settle with the insurance company. Well fast forward to December and I get a call from a detective saying they’d located my cruiser and to his surprise there was no damage or stripping. I had just put brand new BFG tires on it too. I told him it was no longer mine and after hanging up the phone I called the insurance company to tell them the car was found and to alert me when they pick it up so I could retrieve my belongings. I had in the meantime purchased a white 96 cruiser. They said sure and after 3 weeks of no call from them I called them back and they said there was some issue with the title. Well after 30 days the impound lot auctions off all inventory that hasn’t been retrieved. Long story short I won it back at auction and finally got it home! Now I have 2 cruisers and no more room in the driveway, I guess it’s time to sell one....maybe!

Great story, but scary as I tend to do the same thing at my local stop-n-grab. My 2 favorite colors, I will be watching the classifieds for the listing.

do not sell, unless to me :D - I'll take the white one

Now you need to update your Sig! Again.

Your rig has gone full circle and was determined to come home!

Make one a trail truck and the other a stock DD! The value will only go up over time. Glad you were able to get your old cruiser back in your hands:bounce::bounce2:

Great story, but scary as I tend to do the same thing at my local stop-n-grab. My 2 favorite colors, I will be watching the classifieds for the listing.
Yeah I would start turning it off if I were you, I found out the hard way that people suck.

Not only did it come home but it still had everything in it! Some tools, an iPod, sunglasses, and 2 trays of salad I was taking to a party!

That's amazing...if only we knew the backstory! Lol.

I just got it registered and titled yesterday, I’m assuming it’s just a normal title.

It doesn't have "SALVAGE" written on it anywhere or have that box checked?

I didn't think it would after that boondoggle. That's why I was curious.

He made out like a bandit.

Frequently, after a stolen vehicle ends up in the auction, it is "owned" by the towing company and typically ends up with a salvage title, regardless of condition.

If not, he got REALLY lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom