GX470, no lift. Will 275/70-17 K02's fit? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can assure you a 285/70/17 will NOT fit!

And so there is my rear bumper/tire carrier justification...

I have a 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler underneath. I guess it could run small?

I have a 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler underneath. I guess it could run small?
I have 275/70/18 Terra Grapplers on my truck and they don’t rub nearly as bad on the body mount as 275/70/18 Falken Wildpeaks did. I think they do run a bit small.

I bought some 285/70/17 BFG KO2's before I got my lift installed, I drove it for about 2 weeks prior to having the lift installed...I did put them on my old Tundra wheels which have a slightly different offset than the GX wheels. It did and still does rub just a bit on the front mud flap. I am going to have to trim a couple inches off but here's with them before and after 2inch lift.

before_zpsu9pcemkj.jpg

After_zpsjgfjv7f7.jpg

265-70-17 BFG KO2's on stock wheels and stock suspension, no rubbing at all.

I bought some 285/70/17 BFG KO2's before I got my lift installed, I drove it for about 2 weeks prior to having the lift installed...I did put them on my old Tundra wheels which have a slightly different offset than the GX wheels. It did and still does rub just a bit on the front mud flap. I am going to have to trim a couple inches off but here's with them before and after 2inch lift.

before_zpsu9pcemkj.jpg

After_zpsjgfjv7f7.jpg
Awesome pics and comparison. ive been debating. 285 verses 275 as well since ill be doing tires before suspension. i have stock wheels but thinking ill run spacers and cut or trim whatever i have too.

Awesome pics and comparison. ive been debating. 285 verses 275 as well since ill be doing tires before suspension. i have stock wheels but thinking ill run spacers and cut or trim whatever i have too.

That's where I'm at....wheels tires before lift. Placed my order yesterday for Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70/17's and MKW Mk-46 wheels in gloss black. I didn't want to do any trimming or loose the floor boards just yet. Just got it and want to enjoy it for a bit. But I figure with a nice 2inch lift it will still look good with the 265/70's. Hoping anyhow...

That's where I'm at....wheels tires before lift. Placed my order yesterday for Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70/17's and MKW Mk-46 wheels in gloss black. I didn't want to do any trimming or loose the floor boards just yet. Just got it and want to enjoy it for a bit. But I figure with a nice 2inch lift it will still look good with the 265/70's. Hoping anyhow...

Im running 265/70/17 terra grapplers on a 2 inch lift and they still rubbed the running boards, FYI.

After_zpsjgfjv7f7.jpg
Looks great! Did you have to run spacers with the tundra wheels to clear the UCA? What 2" lift did you go with?

before_zpsu9pcemkj.jpg

After_zpsjgfjv7f7.jpg

Wait, how? You're saying you put on 285's and only had SOME rubbing on the front mud flap? This doesn't exactly jibe with what I've read here and elsewhere.

I'm also learning that one man's rubbing may not mean the same thing for others... For instance it may rub for you when you pull out of your driveway, but if you were to go on a trail it may be a whole other story. Sorry, nothing intended I'm just trying to make sense of all this since these tires aren't cheap and I want to get it right the first time.

So no spacers, and only a slightly different offset from the stock GX wheels? Do you know what year the Tundra wheels are? Or more specfically what offset they are?

Wait, how? You're saying you put on 285's and only had SOME rubbing on the front mud flap? This doesn't exactly jibe with what I've read here and elsewhere.

I'm also learning that one man's rubbing may not mean the same thing for others... For instance it may rub for you when you pull out of your driveway, but if you were to go on a trail it may be a whole other story. Sorry, nothing intended I'm just trying to make sense of all this since these tires aren't cheap and I want to get it right the first time.

So no spacers, and only a slightly different offset from the stock GX wheels? Do you know what year the Tundra wheels are? Or more specfically what offset they are?

Stock wheels are 25mm offset you will need a wheel with 15mm Toyota 4Runner Wheels Rims Wheel Rim Stock OEM Replacement
More fitment info here. mods:wheelstires [GX Offroad]

I have not been on the trail at all...this is just regular daily driving so far. Without the lift I would for sure not even attempt to take it off road at all. After the lift again..just daily street driving it rubs the front inner running board when turning 80% to full turn, I need to trim or heat and bend back about 2 inches or so. As far as how much travel I will have out on the trail IDK yet its going to be a little while before I can get out there.

Looks great! Did you have to run spacers with the tundra wheels to clear the UCA? What 2" lift did you go with?
Thanks...No spacers and I went with Lowrangeoffroad.com I went with Bilstein 5100 and OME springs..they put them together for free and in the rear bilstein shocks and OME 2895 springs, I like the ride a lot better than the old worn out air bags! Oh and the Metaltech rear spring conversion kit.

IMG_20190123_143749.jpg

IMG_20190123_143449.jpg

IMG_20190123_143456.jpg

IMG_20190123_143454.jpg

275/70-17 K02s

Wheels are 17x9 ±0 OEM suspension, no lift, etc.

I did the Fender liner forward mod before install but I'm getting some rubbing so today or tomorrow I'll get under to see where it's coming from. No doubt they fit, just need some minor work.

Rubbing a lil in the front, a lil in the back, nothing a heat gun or some minor trimming won't take care of. This thing finally lookin like a truck...

IMG_20190124_114650.jpg

IMG_20190124_114659.jpg

So, I know I'm almost asking the same question, but I am ordering a 17x8 et 0 wheel for my '07 GX
but I want a 275/70/17 tire.
The calculator confirms my calculations at about 1.5" larger overall diameter, farther from the strut.

I understand that this will result in rubbing at minimum, but do you all think I could massage the plastics enough to make it work? (keep the stock running board too).

I should also note that this is for 99% street driving, however I would like to blast through some mild terrain at some point =)

1590457221391.png

Last edited:
The tire calculator web sites also have a wheel offset calculator. If you enter your information, it draws a picture of how things are moving with new tire size and new wheels with different offset. Try this calculator to visualize what you are trying to do...

The tire calculator web sites also have a wheel offset calculator. If you enter your information, it draws a picture of how things are moving with new tire size and new wheels with different offset. Try this calculator to visualize what you are trying to do...

Yes i saw that illustration, very neat feature.
I think the problem will come about when the wheel is turned while going through jounce/rebound cycles. Im currently measuring the tire clearances under static conditions which are only half the story, depending on driving conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom