What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (129 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

9D2D2C11-1F1C-400F-8910-2199F84B492E.jpeg
6DDF313B-3417-4F2E-9899-8AF638366681.jpeg
Rebuilt my HDJ81s starter, was sticking on intermittently, which was not good for marital harmony. Here’s one of the contacts!

Well, in all honesty, this wasn't done *today* but have been slowly working on this the past week. (?)
Adding a LRA 42Gal/160L Aux Tank and 4x4Labs rear bumper.

The directions for the LRA Aux Tank need work. My 1990 HDJ81 did not come with the Captive nuts in the cross member above the axle (2nd to last rear cross member?) so I drilled 4 holes and was able to add nuts on the inside. Surprisingly, Mr. T had 4 holes in there that allowed me to put the backup wrench. Ideally, and after confirmation from @wardharris and George Esterer, Rivnuts are the way to go.
Since I was trying my utmost to finishing the install (no corners were cutted :D) I decided to use the M10 Bolt + nut combo.
I did add waterproof Deutsch connectors to the Sender on the Tank and the pump so it is sort of plug-n-play.

The 4x4 Labs bumper install is straight forward. I do recommend getting a hold of a neighbor or friend who has a plasma cutter to get the Rear cross member off. Saves a ton of time.
But, you still have a few tabs and weldments left that need to be ground down.

Another note is that the rear bracket supplied with the LRA 42Gal aux tank gets in the way of the 4x4 Labs bumper so, (because they both use the 6 captive nuts that hold the tire carrier) the tank will have to be mounted to the bumper with a custom fabricated bracket or mounted straight to the bumper itself. More to come on this.

I H8T'd Mud today. Went playing in the snow with the kids and mushed back to town to spend 30 min at the car wash removing copious amounts of liquid earth. I can't imagine living somewhere where mud is a constant gift.

Phil haven’t been out there yet this year, how’s the route looking?
The 80 went up the center with zero issue but lack of flex will make it hard. The area as a whole has change with the recent rains.

I purchased the bare steel brackets from Delta and primed and Plasti Dip them camo tan to match the interior.

Shop — DELTA
If you get a second, would you mind measuring from center ceiling to bottom of rack? I would like to put this setup in mine but have a possible clearance issue with my fridge.

Managed to nail the timing with alternating storms and bluebird days on a 4-day ski trip into the San Juans. ~30" of fresh snow fell and we got to share it with some great friends from out of town. My cold-blooded 5.9L Cummins fired right up in -8 degrees F the last morning but I might have woke a neighbor or two as it sat there chugging its way up to temp.
IMG_8951.jpg

Rear hatch/tailgate yellow LED light installed. Ham radio finally finds a home. Extra cup holders added

upload_2019-1-21_10-31-56.png

upload_2019-1-21_10-32-6.png

upload_2019-1-21_10-33-53.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom