Builds Urban Assault Cruiser 92 FJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not much going on, just more running wires. Here is the power seat harness, blue is power, ground is black and will be grounded underneath center console. Will power by constant hot in engine compartment fuse block with 30 amp fuse.
20190115_194157-756x1008.jpg
Heated/cooled switch illumination spliced into aux light switch here. Wire is orange.
20190115_194225-756x1008.jpg

Orange wire from seat heaters/coolers spliced into under dash fuse block rear heater wire. Green power port wire to 15 amp fuse added in engine compartment fuse block.
20190115_194241-756x1008.jpg

Rear power ports go to 15 amp fuse on bottom left. Power seats go to 25 amp fuse at mid right.
20190116_204443-756x1008.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of a bad day today. Someone broke into my fj40. I didn't have much in their to steal. They stole my tire pressure gauge, winch controller, and I flashlight I found that worked ok that I used for emergencies. They also stole my old spare prescription safety glasses which is about as retarded as u can get. They also messed up my soft top door, I should be able to fix it pretty well though. It's just stuff though, and nobody really gets away with anything.
Anyway I made some progress on the 80. Got the windshield put in, cowl, and power antenna. I noticed the power antenna cable grommet to the cabin was trashed. Suspecting this could be a water leak, I installed a new grommet. It was hard to teach for sure. Wish I did it when the dash was out.
20190117_194721-756x1008.jpg

I thought about it but I always forget to take pictures while I'm in the middle of things.

I just have come across this thread. The truck looks super sharp! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the project. You've done a great job of documenting a lot of useful information. That cruise control info will get referenced by more people than you figure.

The overall dimensions of the fuse label is 6 1/8" x 2 3/4". Black background with white letters and pictures. Hopefully the label will be pretty durable as it will get fairly hot in the engine bay. Change CDS FAN to read SLEE HARNESS and change the shape of it from round to square similar to the HEAD and CHG-LP relay image since I changed to a square relay. The relay next to the HEAD relay needs to read as HEAD PROJECTORS. For fuses going from left to right of the ones changed from the factory image are: 15A CARGO PORT, 25A HID, 15A FOG, 25A PWR SEATS. Sorry my drawing is so crappy and stuff isn't lined up too well but hopefully you get the idea.

For the under dash fuse box label the dimensions are 2 3/8" tall x 2 1/2" wide white background with black letters. I just need FOG changed to 30A LOCKER.

@SMG

What amber bulb are you running in the H1 location in the headlights? HID or LED?

Here are the 4500 HID bulbs in projectors at night. My 4runner has 5500k color bulbs which I don't have a video of and I think the 4500 is a nicer color in helping my eyes see deer and other objects on the side of the road, they seem to bring out more colors in objects at night. Not a huge difference but it is noticeable to me. I need to adjust the lights a little higher. Their is a lot of wind noise because I don't have the rear door all together yet and quite a bit of wind comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom