3 months+ and still no diagnostic.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.recordme.com
My truck has been sitting at two reputable shops 1 months plus each ,both stumped why my 80 runs really rough on start up
I need ace 80 mechanic to guide mine where to look . (Desperate!)
willing to pay a pro for their time to advise local shop by phone .
Thanks guys hope to hear who you recommend ...

My truck has been sitting at two reputable shops 1 months plus each ,both stumped why my 80 runs really rough on start up
I need ace 80 mechanic to guide mine where to look . (Desperate!)
willing to pay a pro for their time to guide m shop by phone .
Thanks guys hope to hear who you recommend ...

Contact @beno for his help. He's on the east coast somewhere. He's the expert in all things LC.

Dan, we've had this discussion already. The answers are not going to change.
Just got a referral this time actually , reaching out to beno

get a toyocom OBD1 reader,android phone plug and play.
i have less than 100 bucks in my reader and phone
My mechanic (in a shop)Has done all the obvious stuff like take a reading and do a compression check that’s why I need an expert

Pick a thread and post in THAT one. Don't create a new thread every time you get on. You have no less than 4 threads trying to address this issue so there is no consistency or ability for others to follow and help.

Pick a thread and post in THAT one. Don't create a new thread every time you get on. You have no less than 4 threads trying to address this issue so there is no consistency or ability for others to follow and help.
Ok I’ll do that from now on
I figured the old threads were buried and forgotten,sorry
at least I got a good contact this time

All you had to do was click on the link that I gave you in the other thread post#15.

I’m an idiot for missing it ,my bad and thanks for helping out I appreciate it!

Not to shake a finger at you because everyone does it, but really, trying to keep things in the same place for the next guy is of some importance now that this forum is like 15 years old. I am of the opinion that reviving old threads that people find after searching is better than starting a new thread if the specific question you need an answer to hasn't been answered yet. There is just so much complied data out there in the ether on this site that if we can try to collate common problems and answers into fewer threads as the trucks age, we will all be better off. I say that mostly as it pertains to maintenance and troubleshooting. Of course, everyone is entitled to a build thread if they want one or need RTH.

Not at all trying to bag on you and beno is a great place to start in your area, this is more of me trying to piggyback on what @BILT4ME was getting at. :)

Have you tried cleaning the TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) yet though? It only takes 30 seconds and it's one of the few electrical fittings on the truck that aren't water proof. Stuff can sneak in there. I had a similar issue and it is gone now that I just did that. You can do it yourself. It's right on top of the throttle body. Unplug it, spray some electric component cleaner in both sides, shoot some dialetric grease around the outside edge of the male part of the fitting and press them together until they click.

I kinda think that thing is a finicky part that has a lot more responsibility than it should have, but it's kind of the diva boss when it comes to idle issues on the 1FZ-FE in my experience. The EGR delete that I described in your other thread would eliminate a good number of vacuum leaks and that is also really easy, but I would at least rule out the TPS before I went any further.

Suspecting bad ECU?.....could that be why trans logic is also intermittent (bad ecu) Tx as always...
Will have tps cleaned too ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom