The Newest Dakota Digital Dash - Retrotech (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@lelandEOD @fjdiesel I wonder if we got enough people that wanted the same setup, we could get a deal on a group buy. I for one would want a more reasonable speed and rpm range...

I can try to put a group buy together. I'll ask Scott what kind of pricing they could do for us.

@lelandEOD I called DD today, to ask some more questions because I am getting to the point on my build I need to wire the dash. Last time I talked to Cameron, he said $250.00 for custom tach and speedo displays. Today I talked to Scott, he said $65.00... If you order, ask for Scott. FYI :)

@UZJ40 Any news on a group buy? Thanks.

When I called, I just asked for sales and he was the one who picked up.

I received an email from DD this morning, and the units are ready to ship! I placed an order, so hopefully have it by Friday.

Check out their website... they have update photos now.

1962- 84 Toyota FJ RTX Instruments

$1,295? Didn’t they used to be like $750

The VHX is still available at $750ish. The newest offering has a lot of the customizations that were being asked for and is selling for about the customized cost. They have 3 different offerings now.

I received my new dash on Friday.... it's everything I was hoping for in terms of OEM appearance. Can't wait to get it wired and functioning!

20190201_140735.jpg

One thing I noticed, in the display there is an automatic transmission display ? No FJ ever came as an automatic?

Lots of FJ’s came with automatics. No FJ40s or other 40 series Landcruisers did, however.

Just an update, for those who are interested. I got off the phone with Joel at DD this morning and they gave me an RMA to send in my HDX for silkscreening and reprogramming. They are changing the face plate and re-calibrating the stepper motor to a 4K redline for my diesel application. The total came to $75 which I thought was super reasonable.

I'll keep you posted on how things turn out!

I really like that RTX. Dakota has done an amazing job with these displays over the years.
For those that daily drive their vehicles, but want to appear OEM, this is the way to go...

I really like that RTX. Dakota has done an amazing job with these displays over the years.
For those that daily drive their vehicles, but want to appear OEM, this is the way to go...

Agreed. I really like *almost* every aspect of their systems. The one detail that rubs me the wrong way - which I might add is DEFINITELY a first-world problem, so brace yourself - is the "Dakota Digital" logo that briefly flashes on the TFT when you turn the ignition on. It looks like a 90's Tattoo Artist designed their corporate logo. While the tribal bits may thrill Arlen Ness acolytes, I pine for something more subtle. If I had any nun-chuck or computer hacking skills, I'd try to reflash my HDX with a simple "TOYOTA" splash image at boot up.

DD Logo.PNG

toyota.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom