Timing and Carb Adjust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow Spokane guys,

I'm looking for someone that wouldn't mind helping me out with a carb tune and timing adjustment on my FJ60.

The motor is rebuilt, desmogged, and the distributor has been recurved with a new trollhole carb. It's running like garbage, spewing black smoke out the back and can't maintain an idle whatsoever. (Dizzy isn't installed 180* off).

I'd gladly compensate you for your time.

Thanks!

Let me know what you find. I may need some help with a similar set up. I heard Fitzgerald Motors is pretty good for carb work but I have yet to use them.

I’m having a relatively similar issue but with dieseling.
Fresh desmog and Weber 38 carb.
I’ve got a buddy who’s been helping me with it.
It’s been a process. Just about have it fixed but still getting an occasional diesel but hasn’t been as often.
Hopefully you’ve been able to get your Cruiser fixed by now!

The only help I can be is maybe suggest Cabinet Cruiser up in Sandpoint.

Cabinet Cruisers

Great guys and they do good work from what I can tell.
That’s actually who did the desmog and installed the carb.

It’s been a lot of tuning, trial and error thus far.

There is a lot of information out there in terms of research and opinions.

Here is the best information I’ve seen yet regarding tuning and set up.
After the holidays I’m going to dive into it.
tuning a weber 38 for a 22r , need weber guru!!

I’m hoping to find a OEM distributor to have JimC recurve it. It’s a DD so I don’t have the luxury of downtime.

Great guys and they do good work from what I can tell.
That’s actually who did the desmog and installed the carb.

It’s been a lot of tuning, trial and error thus far.

There is a lot of information out there in terms of research and opinions.

Here is the best information I’ve seen yet regarding tuning and set up.
After the holidays I’m going to dive into it.
tuning a weber 38 for a 22r , need weber guru!!

I’m hoping to find a OEM distributor to have JimC recurve it. It’s a DD so I don’t have the luxury of downtime.

I have also used Cabinet Cruisers for my rig as well. They refurbished my hardtop and aligned my body. They also helped me install my Trollhole Carb. We fired up the engine for the first time at their shop. Ran into issues with it flooding and did not have much for solutions. I trailered it home and there she still sits in my garage. I would leave the body work up to them anyday but not so much on carbs/engine work unless they are putting in a modified engine.

Try pulling the air horn of the carb (carefully, to not damage the gasket) and look for debris. I'm told Trollhole carbs are prone to having a lot of manufacturing debris inside. Just a thought.

I have also used Cabinet Cruisers for my rig as well. They refurbished my hardtop and aligned my body. They also helped me install my Trollhole Carb. We fired up the engine for the first time at their shop. Ran into issues with it flooding and did not have much for solutions. I trailered it home and there she still sits in my garage. I would leave the body work up to them anyday but not so much on carbs/engine work unless they are putting in a modified engine.

Just wanted to follow up; it was definitely the Trollhole carb. The bore for the accelerator pump had a sharp edge in it from manufacturing and cut up the leather seal on the pump, and there were aluminum shavings that kept the check ball from seating properly.

I've since rebuilt the stock Aisan and eliminated the extra vacuum portions that weren't included with the Trollhole/Non-US carbs, and it seems to be working wonderfully now. Thanks all for the heads up and help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom