Part-Time Conversion on the mind? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MYTH BUSTER:)

Some clarity needs to be made on the myth on Aisin hub, 8mm spacer, and stock birfs need to made. Using a 8mm spacer will NOT let Aisin hubs work in place of a needed 2nd groove. By using a 8mm spacer the factory needed snap ring on the end of the stock birf WILL come in contact with the Aisin hub face and NOT work.

A 8mm Spacer will work and are included when you buy POS AVM hubs for an 80 or 100 series.
Always informative and to point......

Pics :D

Long fit (Medium).jpg

Longfield - Clearance is GOOD

Long fit2 (Medium).jpg

Longfield w/Cap - Clearance is GOOD

Nitro zerk interference (Medium).jpg

Nitro with manufacture supplied zerk - Interference

Nitro zerk interference2 (Medium).jpg

Nitro with manufacture supplied zerk - Interference/BAD

Nitro with flush zerk (Medium).jpg

Nitro with flush zerk- Clearance is GOOD

Nitro zerk options (Medium).jpg

Nitro with manufacture supplied zerk (will not work with AISIN hubs) versus our supplied zerk (will work with AISIN hubs)

Pics :D

View attachment 1787934
Longfield - Clearance is GOOD

View attachment 1787935
Longfield w/Cap - Clearance is GOOD

View attachment 1787937
Nitro with manufacture supplied zerk - Interference

View attachment 1787938
Nitro with manufacture supplied zerk - Interference/BAD

View attachment 1787936
Nitro with flush zerk- Clearance is GOOD

View attachment 1787939
Nitro with manufacture supplied zerk (will not work with AISIN hubs) versus our supplied zerk (will work with AISIN hubs)

▲Excellent info with pictures:D▲ should be in 1st post;)

▲Excellent info with pictures:D▲ should be in 1st post;)

This is in the first post (and on the web, etc :D)

NOTE: 4/1994 - 1/1998 80 Series vehicles will require replacement birfields featuring a double groove for the snap ring, machining a second groove in the stock birfield for a lower snap ring or use of 1/90-4/94 "short" birfields. We have birfs in stock to accommodate this, please see our RCVJ2474-30TRCV, FAXBIRFFJ80HDKIT, FAXTBIRFFJ80HD, TG301720-1-KIT, FATG303709 offerings featuring dual snap ring groove birfield outer axles. ABS equipped 80's will not have functioning ABS (light will be illuminated) when front hubs are unlocked, brakes will function like a standard non-ABS application. Aftermarket ABS kits can be installed to provide ABS in all conditions, please call/email for info. Installing the spool does require removing the bearing from the rear half of the factory center diff housing, this bearing will then be pressed onto the provided spool. In the event you don't want to worry about removing/pressing the bearing, we can supply and install. Please order TCB60008 - $62.50 at the same time as part-time conversion order and we will press the bearing on for no additional charge.

I'll work on getting some pics in the first post too :D

So, dumb question. I'm in the middle of my spool install now. I bought the optional bearing with my kit, and it came with a race. You guys pressed the new bearing onto the new spool for me free of charge (thanks!). My question is, do I need to install the new race in the aluminum housing because I'm installing a new bearing?

How do you get the old race out and the new race in? I guess I don't really understand the advantage of pressing a new bearing onto the spool, if you still have to press the old race out and the new race in. Either way you need a hydraulic press. Or am I missing something? Is the race supposed to be easier to swap?

C2-A63-F1-B-80-F3-4-A62-B06-E-F3-AA26159-B2-A.jpg

You can get behind the old race with a punch from the back side (opposite of your picture) and tap it out, you won't need a press to tap the old race out or put the new one in, just a punch and preferable a brass drift to tap the new one back in.

You can get behind the old race with a punch from the back side (opposite of your picture) and tap it out, you won't need a press to tap the old race out or put the new one in, just a punch and preferable a brass.

Thank you! I’ll try swapping them out in the morning :banana::banana::banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom