What did you do with your truck today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

are you re-building that thing ....one panel at the time :) all the better to have fun...

Not the whole thing, just the tailgate, over and over again.☹️

A3148B84-2168-4581-A52D-385C57BAEAD4.jpeg
Winterized my 40

got the windshield replaced finally and installed new ceramaic coated rams horn style exhaust manifolds and had exhaust setup re-configured. Appears to be significant heat reduction off the manifolds as compared to the previous manifolds which was the goal and I wanted the exhaust re-done too, so that was a plus as well. Now I find out that I need to replace the batteries, I'm thinking about AGM style and odyssey brand in the 34 case size. I have dual batteries and I'm thinking I"m going to top post style, my present batteries are the 34/78 style which have dual posts...on the side and on the top. If I recall on the dual post type, the posts are not equal in amp rating or something to that effect... Anyone else with dual batteries have any comments...? Its on my FJ60 with the dual stainless battey trays.

re-cored OEM heater core installed, dash re-build to start shortly.

in parallel with the resurrection of the heater core world record install I completed, I then turned to getting the A/C functional again since I have all the parts and so if they are there I want it work. So system was fairly low and compressor would not engage, a/c has not run in over 3 years or so, ever since the heater core went out and I basically let the truck sit for a while.

hot wired the compressor and then found out these old a/c gauges I had when I bought a tool box from a friend...well the gauges turned about to be junk (no matter what I did) it would not charge A/C. So called a friend for advice and no matter what...still could not get it to charge (did not know a/c manifold gauges were bad). So long story..then went down to noted friend's place and new snap-on gauges solved the problem and we put in about 3 cans of my secret stash of magic R12.

A/c is working, operating temps are good. On to more projects. dual battery setup (wiring) is one coming up, i'm going to make it simple and hopefully dependable. then I need to get my radio back in, console replaced, wiring for front seats.

I think I'm going to setup a blue-sea fuze panel somewhere on a tuffy console and feed the seats and the radio crap from that. Also then will need to figure out mount locations for cb-ham. Permanent locations that work and don't get in teh way of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom