Picked up a Clean 07 LC, thundercloud Blue! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats on a gorgeous new rig! Mine is Thundercloud - it's supposedly gray, but depending on the light reads as either champagne or pink (ewwwww).

I replaced the entire sound system except the head unit, and the difference is night and day. An aftermarket amp is going to go a long way to improving sound. By removing the old JBL amp and nav computer I was able to make enough space under the passenger seat for a Rockford Fosgate amp and and a Kenwood powered sub. Hertz speakers in the doors to replace the JBLs, which were shot. I also added the US Spec BT45-TOY and am very pleased with it, as I am with the whole system.

One recommendation I'll make is to not try to retain the stock two ohm amp - there are few if any really good speakers with such low impedance. Better to just bite the bullet and go with a fresh four ohm setup.

All, Correction- Pacific Blue Metallic, not Thundercloud ha ha.

just under 25k was price, 200 dollars to have it dropped off at my place in GA.

I was not even aware of the GROM and VAIS options, thanks for pointing those out. Pstevens3307 is right, might as well square away the speaker and amps before I mess with anything else. I would really like CarPlay, but that will require the NAV delete. Thanks for all the tips.

Is there any advantage to buying a LC with AHC vs buying n LX470?

68W, I'll leave this one to someone more experienced. My other car is an 01 LX470, I have driven it since 2007 and she is pretty beat- AK, CO, NY, GA, HI, KS...My wife wanted me to get a new car, but all I wanted was another 100 series.

68W, I'll leave this one to someone more experienced. My other car is an 01 LX470, I have driven it since 2007 and she is pretty beat- AK, CO, NY, GA, HI, KS...My wife wanted me to get a new car, but all I wanted was another 100 series.

Interesting travels. Wainwright, Carson, Drum, Benning, Schofield, Riley?

68W, you got it. AHC as an option on an LC basically means mechanically identical to LX470. The major benefit IMO is the ride on hwy/city streets.

In other words, no advantage- just comes down t your preference- Lexus or Landcruiser badging, paint offerings, interior colors, mechanical condition, mileage, rust....

It is a great looking truck. I got the VAIS bluetooth thing for my LX and it has been great! Highly recommended.
I thought about trying to get a better rear DVD/BluRay thing but found it was a whole lot cheaper to get Amazon FireHD tablets and headphones for each kid.

yeah, the cost from toyota for the rear DVD system is $2000, pretty sure I walked by a display at walmart today that had a 2 pack for 99 bucks.

I would love to have CarPlay and an aftermarket head unit, but I may have to settle for VAIS and a speaker upgrade for now. JerryB thread blowing my ind right now.

Yea i’ve never seen one that color in central Arkansas

Beautiful!

Let me know if you're not keeping that hood wind deflector, I'm looking for one ;)

Last edited:
I also found a sweet 2001 in Atlanta, higher miles (215k I think), but zero rust, clean interior, good body, and only 9k. Best thing about it was the service record, had been taken to Lexus dealer like clockwork for 17 years.- 51 total times. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll shoot you a link.

lone cruiser, I think I'll keep that wind deflector. Anyone have the weather tech liners for the back? how does it look?

That’s a very fair price considering condition and desirability. You did well!

Now to spend another $25k in upgrades ! :)

Installed a VAIS SL3B-T tonight and a TVK-27, both work great. I used the MD Changer for emulation mode so that my 6 Disc DVD changer would still function. Would not work at first, so I forced the emulation and suddenly my Audio system had an MD mode- for those who want to try this on their LC w/ NAV, execute the following:
1) unplug the SLB
2) Turn the car on. Set audio system to FM mode
3) Set dipswitches on SLB to MD changer mode
4) plug it in- it should do it's bee pity beep
5) put both dip switches to top position- another beep and the red light glows
6) turn car off, wait ten, turn it back on...and voila- there is now an MD mode and you can keep using your disc changer.

Looks great! Black garnet pearl and that blue are my favorite! Glad to see you brought a clean one back to Ga!

Cool color, congrats. When I read the title, I had to scratch my head "Thundercloud" which is one of my favorites.

I don't think you overpaid, you've got value.

Cool color, congrats. When I read the title, I had to scratch my head "Thundercloud" which is one of my favorites.

I don't think you overpaid, you've got value.

Very Happy so far. A solid replacement for my 2001 LX470. I am trying to decide whether to just sell the 01 or to attempt and rehab it- it has rust/corrossion in undercarriage and has taken a beating. Was gone for most of last year, came back to a dead alternator and chewed up wiring between speed sensor and ECU- it all melted down after we put in the new alternator- so now it has no ALB and VSC. Local Lexus Mechanic told me she was about done for due to corrosion, but it is hard to let a car go I have had since 2006!!

Merlot up for sale yet?

My rule of thumb is don't put money into rust! That said I do have a 00LX w/350K originally from Canada, which has some rust. It's rust is not to bad, even so, works me hard dealing with frozen bolts & such. It so much nicer and rewarding working on rust free with good bones.

Merlot is for sale but not up for sale, If that makes sense! Typically my restore projects go under contract, from interested party inquirer, before I'm finished working on and have chance to put up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom