$10 LED Flasher for 60/62 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ62 flashers cannot be converted, you must use a pre 88 flasher from a 60 series. I have heard mini trucks of that time period pre 88 may also work but don't hold me to that. This has been documented in the 80 series forum but for those who do not frequent it here you go:

FJ60 Flasher P/N 81980-22070. It is green and rectangular compared to the smaller square black FJ62 one.

You carefully pop the cover off and I used needle nose pliers to bend the resistor back and forth until it came off. There is no de-soldering or technical work needed. The hardest part was getting under the driver's side to carefully unclip and remove my stock flasher using two small screwdrivers.

I found the flasher for $10 on eBay but there are many other ways to skin this cat. I like the stock looks and the way it clips back into the board.

I robbed this first picture from the 80-series forum.

untitled.jpg
untitled1.jpg

Thanks. I'm using a aftermarket flasher that's a little faster than I like. Almost made one with a variable resistor but have better things to do with my 60 at this juncture. But I'm gonna go right home and do this!

IMAG5094_1-919x918.jpg
Went ahead and installed a 1.2M variable resistor in that spot.

Original resister was a 160k ohm. Setting the pot to 240k produced a nice even duration on/off flash. Higher ohm made off interval longer.

Thanks again Randy!

Edit: Wanted to mention also- emergency flashers still work fine with mod.

@CuCruiser

Where did you source that variable resistor?

Nice. That is a much better solution than mine; I replaced all my marker/stop/signal lights with LED's but left the incandescent bulbs in the ARB blinkers, they keep things in sync, but go out and have gotten damaged more than I'd like. Adding this to the list of projects I need to do!

Just in time for those winter storms and dark nights. Is this FAQ worthy? Who moves those over?

I have the flasher that I got off eBay. Which resistor do I remove? R1 or R2?

929307BA-21E2-47F0-AC96-60FD8D6AD212.jpeg

BE68264D-36D1-4AF6-BE0D-4656BB23F88B.jpeg

Your flasher is not like the ones above. What’s the part number on the housing? Is the housing green?

81980-22070

993CB4AA-657E-4254-B135-9D745D8B6064.jpeg

The new aftermarket one is electronic, not mechanical like the old toyota. See if it works with LED without modification

Will do. I get the 60 back next week. Will report back.

Yea, that’s an aftermarket flasher. They look similar at first glance. Almost did the same thing when I ordered mine of eBay. Keep us posted of it works

View attachment 1851468 Went ahead and installed a 1.2M variable resistor in that spot.

Original resister was a 160k ohm. Setting the pot to 240k produced a nice even duration on/off flash. Higher ohm made off interval longer.

Thanks again Randy!

Edit: Wanted to mention also- emergency flashers still work fine with mod.
Glad I found this thread. I've been toying with the idea of going all LED external lighting for a while but the blinker issue kept me from doing it.

Do you have a manufacturer or part number for the pot you used?

So, @brices123 Did you try that new Flasher with LEDs yet ?

Asking for a friend ;) ...

My 60 is still at the dealer. Having issues with heater cores. Was told I would get it tomorrow night. Fingers crossed.

My 60 is still at the dealer. Having issues with heater cores. Was told I would get it tomorrow night. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, a new 60-series heater core is pretty much unobtanium ( @Racer65 :idea: ) - anywhere - even aftermarket. I've been lurking ebay for quite a while now trying to find a NOS one ... Dealer prolly had to get your existing one repaired.

Good luck and let us know!

I bought this flasher and rigged it up for my 62. I still have a spare one. Works great with my superbrightleds.

If someone wants me to rig up the connectors and my spare I’ll sell for $10 plus USPS.

05F6FC6E-2B96-4658-825D-F4485B6B4148.jpeg

CE45E563-0C8E-46EC-B1B0-07EE4B07BF06.jpeg

9369B63E-1FBE-400C-86B1-3A50FAE74931.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom