Older than dirt - refreshing a ‘64 FJ40 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The enclosed transporter arrives later this week, the 40 will be loaded and trucked about as far from Oregon as you can go - destination Long Island.

Moving on now, locating my next project.

Still one unsold sticker left...
What’s the next project?

From a different thread...
OK, somebody find two rich buyers for Arne's auction so this can be his patina restore, to stock even. Otherwise we may loose him to another Porsche.
Well...

That does appear likely right now. Confirm probably tomorrow.

:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

Nein danka:
1280px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

Hai:
japan-flag-japanese-vector-eps10-260nw-532209811.jpg

One more Land Cruiser please.

Last edited:
I don't normally like to do the same thing twice in a row, and so I've been looking at other options. Not surprisingly, I found one. And it is not a Toyota.

I could say that I'm sorry, but I'd be lying.

DSC01332.jpg

Yeah, what is the story with the 356?! :D
Looks like a fun project. Definitely a different beast than the 40.

The guy won't sell the 356. And I don't want it anyway. Never been much into those, but 911's are a different story. Those, I love.

Awesome dude. Glad you found a worthy project.
My wife really wants a 356. The prices are insane though.

Good luck to you sir. I was hoping you might have found an LV you couldn't live without. We will miss your passion for the work you do. I personally would like to thank you for the repro sticker. As an owner of a 63, I have no other discernable marking to let people know my truck is a Toyota and not a damn jXXp

We will miss your passion for the work you do.
I have to admit to having more than a touch of OCD in my makeup. I do try to make note of significant details. That trait affects all of my projects.

I personally would like to thank you for the repro sticker. As an owner of a 63, I have no other discernable marking to let people know my truck is a Toyota and not a damn jXXp
I totally understand, and agree fully. I HAD to make those stickers, as my rig NEEDED one.

Oh yeah! 911!! , E? T?...........S?!!!!!! Looking forward to the build, keep it here!!!
'72 T coupe. Complete with original MFI. Will replace my current '84 Carrera 3.2 as my sports/GT car fix. The early cars are more interactive.

One year only for the fender oil fill! First year for the 915 too!Love the early cars, a well tuned mfi flat six is music to the ears! Wish I kept some of my early 911’s when they were $7500!!!

The guy won't sell the 356. And I don't want it anyway. Never been much into those, but 911's are a different story. Those, I love.
Best on Porsches.....
... they have a replacement engine in the rear :)
Some day, Sir you switch to 356´s believe me.
Over decades I loved the 356 cabriolets more meanwhile the Coupe.
Have fun with your Porsche.
Cheers

Best on Porsches.....
... they have a replacement engine in the rear :)
Some day, Sir you switch to 356´s believe me.
Over decades I loved the 356 cabriolets more meanwhile the Coupe.
Have fun with your Porsche.
Cheers
Porsche Carrera – rennmotor: 4 Zylinder boxermodell VOM Typ 547
  • Official Porsche licensed product
    • 300-piece, 1: 3 scale model kit
    • Transparent engine body with motorised, moving parts
    • Crankshaft, pistons, valves - everything moves!
    • Original engine sound
71GGicvcQ3L._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Carr...J4VF3Y5F149&psc=1&refRID=1YZHM260DJ4VF3Y5F149

Cbl Distribution Limited Porsche Flat-Six Boxer Engine Model Kit
71xDRfb8u9L._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Flat-Six-Boxer-Engine-Model/dp/3645659110

Porsche has a Best Seller in its Scale Model Motor.
"Visitors to the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen have an affinity for honey. That's just one of the many items available in the gift shop you'll find on site.
It's not the sweet sticky stuff that is a best-selling item though, as Porsche fans are clamouring to get their hands on an actual engine. Not the full-size mill, mind you, but a 1:4 scale version of the flat-6 boxer motor you'd find under the nose of a 911 from 1966..."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom