What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threw on my custom California car cover and finally found some FJ62 Rear trim
Pieces for my shoulder belt conversion.

View attachment 1849870

View attachment 1849871

View attachment 1849872

View attachment 1849873

View attachment 1849874
I've looked at the Cali car cover site before. Do they live up to the hype and the price? do they come with a bag or something to keep it in? and it looks like you've got a roof rack on your truck too ... saw that's an option as well. Would the mirror pockets work with 62 mirrors you think?

Pismo is in my back yard for another semester.... had to get out there.

fullsizeoutput_cd6.jpeg

@JHE4601 those rear storage panels look nice. I’ve been meaning to tackle a similar type, are you going to have tip-out storage or remove the whole panel with Dzus type fasteners?

Mounted up the old-style ARB I recently picked up on CL. Just need to swap on the winter wheels and check fluids before winter weather hits.

08112E76-5EF7-44F6-9305-288A0BAF57C1.jpeg

@JHE4601 those rear storage panels look nice. I’ve been meaning to tackle a similar type, are you going to have tip-out storage or remove the whole panel with Dzus type fasteners?

Mounted up the old-style ARB I recently picked up on CL. Just need to swap on the winter wheels and check fluids before winter weather hits.

View attachment 1852268

Hey there- I saw that bumper on CL. Nice score. I love the old style. I plan on using the plywood for a panel but making a hinged door that latches. All the storage will be utilized inside both cargo spaces. I also plan on sound deadening the space as long as I have it open. And recessing an inverter as well. Ill post more pics as I get farther along. I will have the templates if you wanted to borrow them. I see your local.

Got an interesting text from the previous owner of my 60. He said he found the maintenance receipts for it. I picked them up today and went thru them. I have records back to the first oil change. I found out I’m the 4th owner. The first lived on Manhattan beach in California and was purchased at Whittlesey Toyota in Torrance, CA in 1983. It was then apparently sold on EBay in 2004 for $3,165 by TLC4x4 which if it’s still around, was in Van Nuys at the time. It then came to Tucson and spent quite a bit of time down in La Paz, Mexico, on the southern tip of Baja. Pretty cool to find out some history on my cruiser.

582E2815-A5D0-4459-8346-BC011AC0DB87.jpeg

Got an interesting text from the previous owner of my 60. He said he found the maintenance receipts for it. I picked them up today and went thru them. I have records back to the first oil change. I found out I’m the 4th owner. The first lived on Manhattan beach in California and was purchased at Whittlesey Toyota in Torrance, CA in 1983. It was then apparently sold on EBay in 2004 for $3,165 by TLC4x4 which if it’s still around, was in Van Nuys at the time. It then came to Tucson and spent quite a bit of time down in La Paz, Mexico, on the southern tip of Baja. Pretty cool to find out some history on my cruiser.

View attachment 1852325

Gold

View attachment 1852325

The most valuable part of any old landcruiser IMO :clap:

Yeah, wow! Those are beefy to say the least.

Have you mounted them up? How’s the ride?

-Ed

Yeah. On the truck and immediately took them to the nastiest back jarring railroad crossing near my farm. The track is inactive so they let the Crossing go to hell.

Besides that it corners better and all of my body roll is gone. I’m sporting a hard Roof Top tent on top to boot.

View attachment 1852325

Awesome. The PO to me had receipts back to 91 (found news ones in my 3 file folders full) when it bought it from a Toyota Dealer in Chicago area (he was the third owner and bought it in Rhode Island)
First owner was in Chicago area (bought new) 2nd bought from the same dealer in '91, he then moved to Rhode Island and the 3rd owner bought it there when on Vacation and had the engine rebuilt then brought it to New Hampshire. I even have the vehicle inspection certificated that were done.

While many do not care about vehicle history, I am one that absolutely thinks it is important. It gives you an insight on the life your Cruiser had. Was it taken care of, was it maintained at all, was it beat to death? How many owners?

All great stuff. So congrats on the PO giving you a massive score.

Stripped her down and dropped her off for paint and body work. Very excited!

View attachment 1852432

Paint shop said 2-3 weeks. Can hardly wait!

-Ed
That's exciting! Not looking forward to doing this in the spring so I can paint mine. How bad were the rear quarters to remove? I haven't really found a good thread on doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom