What did you do on your 70 series today? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found a water jet guy about 2 blocks away.....really cool place...they cut all kinds of materials. I've been in my industrial area for 17 years....I'm shocked sometimes by the places that are around me that I don't know of.

Wide nose and narrow nose hood brackets ready for the next step......

20181210_152810.jpg

Looks great. I’ll take a kit for my bj74 please. Send me PM with invoice and whatever info I need to get your way.

Thanks!

Looks great. I’ll take a kit for my bj74 please. Send me PM with invoice and whatever info I need to get your way.

Thanks!

If you can PM me, that would be great. I can keep things organized that way. Thanks!

Hey Joe....first batch of 10 will be $150 plus shipping....I've got 7 names down for them. So 3 kits left. Then they'll go up to $165 plus shipping. As I normally do, I'm making them much nicer than I planned(spending more money per unit).......water jet cut pieces, hand prepped before powder coating, super nice struts, hardware for install, etc.

Should I put you down for a set? PM me if so. Easier to keep track...

And I've sorted the wide nose kits....those are SUPER sweet.

Put me down for a wide nose kit please .

Lots of wide nose brackets got welded up today....tomorrow we finish up the narrow nose ones....lots of those to do.

Powdercoating Thurs/Friday......assemble for shipping early to mid next week if all goes well. Going to try and ship thru USPS in a flat rate box.

20181211_154054-01.jpeg

I find myself watching videos of BJ74’s driving down the road.

guilty.

This is the first vehicle I've ever bought that I haven't driven first, or even driven another version of it, top it off it's RHD.
Interior wise it reminds me most of the 60/62 series.

Injectors going out to get checked/cleaned/replaced/reset.

injectors1.jpg

Tested my new thermostat, opened right up which is nice. I also tested the old one which I’m gonna assume is 32 yrs old (based on the gasket) and it opened no problem as well. Toyota never fails to impress me!

BD92A3EB-5F55-4550-B590-DE89CD41095B.jpeg

E0105CB1-199B-4D5A-91CC-562E811458A3.jpeg

2FE24F91-A980-43A9-B001-8B82F704858E.jpeg

One step closer to having these things ready to ship out the door. Struts due in next....then we ship.

20181213_144631.jpg

Not the most exciting fix, but using part numbers @beno shared in this thread, I ordered a new hood insulator (53341-90K06) and the associated clips (90467-09006) for my BJ74. The new one certainly looks a lot better and probably won't shed fibers all of the engine like the old one did.

Went from this...
hoodinsulator1.jpg

Temporarily to this...
hoodinsulator2.jpg

Then, about 5 minutes later, the finished product
hoodinsulator3.jpg

Sent BFG ATs to Houston and got tickets to go drive that beast home to Virginia. Headed out Friday! I hope that littled diesel gets us 1000 miles home!

Sent BFG ATs to Houston and got tickets to go drive that beast home to Virginia. Headed out Friday! I hope that littled diesel gets us 1000 miles home!

It will, but the country side will pass by much slower than you are used to. You will have more time to enjoy the Christmas decorations.
What route are planning on taking? (i.e., It is likely that you will be passing near by, so give me a shout if want to stop by)

I hope that little diesel gets us 1000 miles home!

Meh....Should be OK. Drove one sight unseen from Port of Newark in NJ to California, and another from Port Hueneme in California to Colorado. Of course, there was also the one where I had to buy a return ticket and arrange transport for the Landcruiser, but we won't talk about that. lol....

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom