Where can I find a nice rear antenna mount 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@TRAIL TAILOR I am interested too. Looks like, I am already planning to buy a couple of other things, so this might be a good time to get this as well.

I'm committed for one as well.

Interested in a pair!

Crazy how at HIH every single 100 had some sort of antenna mount (except me of course) and now only to come and find out that nobody even makes a mount. Where are these guys getting theirs?

Crazy how at HIH every single 100 had some sort of antenna mount (except me of course) and now only to come and find out that nobody even makes a mount. Where are these guys getting theirs?

You either get into the 100 game too late, or stay in it long enough to see all the manufacturers of rear antenna mounts die.

You just need a rear bumper, most of them are filthy with antenna and light mounting tabs. For <$3000 you'll have a place to mount an antenna AND hang a trasharoo!

Alternately you could; make a mount, use a universal hatch mount (paint job be damned), or put a fender mount out front while you wait for the next batch of rear custom jobs.

Here are a couple pics of the mount on my neighbor’s LX at HIH. I believe he had a mount like this on both sides of the truck. Really liked that setup but I think he said those mounts were discontinued.

E8563822-470B-4130-8659-3930B2A41392.jpeg

CAC52DE4-F731-4306-92E3-EAB28FAFF349.jpeg

I had pretty good results using this generic Firestik mount. You do have to drill/tap some holes which might be a bit unsettling, but i have been very happy with this setup. I drilled/tapped for a 1/4-20 screw, filled the holes with Toyota FIPG, then secured the mount with 1/4-20 stainless steel button head screws. Lessons learned: I didn't have clearance for a screw on the bottom left hole, so you can skip that completely. It's very secure with the 3 screws.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X3EQ3G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20180708_153248.jpg

20180708_151134.jpg

20180708_151208.jpg

I had pretty good results using this generic Firestik mount. You do have to drill/tap some holes which might be a bit unsettling, but i have been very happy with this setup. I drilled/tapped for a 1/4-20 screw, filled the holes with Toyota FIPG, then secured the mount with 1/4-20 stainless steel button head screws. Lessons learned: I didn't have clearance for a screw on the bottom left hole, so you can skip that completely. It's very secure with the 3 screws.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X3EQ3G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 1853711

View attachment 1853712

View attachment 1853714

This is what I have. I trimmed mine and was able to mount it under that rubber bump stop using the existing holes underneath it.

I'm interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom