What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also received mine. You procrastinators might want to ask @oregon fj to make one more run of these, as he said this was the last run before he moves on to another (non Toyota) rebuild. They are only period correct for the early 60s models, but I don't care. Will be putting them on my 76 and 70 vehicles.

I'm putting mine on my 1980.

Do you have any pictures on the construction of those half doors?
No process pics. Sorry. Basically I found some donor doors that needed some work so I didn't feel too bad defiling some pristine ones.
Then I decided on the profile I wanted. Not my original pic, but borrowed to show the pattern I chose. I wanted the height of the B pillar to continue across the door and then the angle up to the front hinge was decided by wanting to keep good strength there and avoiding access holes.

After I cut the doors equally, my body guy and I added caps. I'll get some pics next time I'm at the garage. I am converting the window crank hole to house speakers. Trading windows for speakers.

Bare-metaled and painted up my wiper arms ready for windscreen surround rebuild. Little job. But satisfying.

6A15EC8D-539C-4E9D-9CB8-A4ACF27032F7.jpeg

Replaced my completely worn out early hood hinges on the 45 with some slightly newer ones from the stash.

I had high hopes that @SMG was going to come up with a solution for the early hinges, but alas that didn’t happen. And with another Death Valley trip on the calendar I just couldn’t take the chance again
EBFB84AB-27C9-4BFD-B3A6-D1FAA540C046.jpeg

Last edited:
Eliminated the gasbrake pedal. Cut 3.5" off my bastardized gas pedal so it no longer gets depressed when I hit the brakes.

20181209_170537.jpg
20181209_181229.jpg
20181209_174515.jpg

D

Finally replaced the non-OEM Wagner flasher relay with a new Toyota Flasher Relay... see that thread here.

Took the kiddos out for donuts. =)

279donutrun.jpg

Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish Wa is moving or closing, stopped in for 25% off everything in stock and 50% of used. Found a fuel vapor separator, with the mount and cover :clap:, high lift jack, rescue boards, toe strap and LED round driving lights for my new ARB bull bars and back up LED for my 4+ bumper arriving today. Christmas came early!

Haven't done it yet, but just got a new oil pan gasket and have a question. What are these blue marks and bumps on the gasket? Haven't dropped the pan yet and I want to go at this non bumfuzzled. Thanks!
IMG_1746.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom