Dakota Digital SGI-8e LS swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys

Having a bit of difficulty configurating the Dakota Digital to work with my LS 5.3 and the Toyota Tachometer.
Can someone send me a picture of how you connected the wiring and the configuration?

PS: 2 bottoms to configure this is a pain in the a...

There is a steady red dot and nothing else. Have tried switching the cables and nothing
No movement from the tach? I recal having a similar issue but I then started pushing the + button and it started to move the tach up. Once the tach moved it showed a number but I am using a flywheel sensor so not the same as you.

4D93DC6B-49A6-4F86-957E-81958F1A1CAF.jpeg
ECF3E8DE-4D6C-4BC4-BC6D-45E4E1F7E8BC.jpeg

EC856096-F161-4E89-BE4C-F77AADD18F4E.jpeg

Their is a wire at the old stock ignitor plug that goes to the tach. That goes to the Dakota module. Or just pull the gauge assembly and splice it back their a few inches from the gauge cluster. Then u just need to supply power to the tach. One of the LS motor ecu pins is for tach. That needs to go to the Dakota module as well.

I tested the wire from the tach with signal and it moves so I have the right wire but now connect on the dakota nothing happens

4 wires need to go to the dakota digital unit. 1. Power-Needs a key on power wire. 2. Ground-Install a ground wire to this. 3. Signal In-This is the wire that comes from the LS ECU tach signal wire, you will have to look up your specific year LS motor ECU to figure out which pin in the ECU that is. 4. High volt-This is where your wire from the tachometer in the dash should go. Once the unit is working you just have to set it to the correct number of cylinders. I can't remember which one you select. I think mine is set to 8 but some say you have to set it to 4 so try either one. You can use live data with a obd2 reader to verify engine rpms are correct. The unit allows you to fine tune the tach signal a bit to make the tach on the dash read close to perfect.
I am getting a constante 2.5v from the tach wire from the LS. That is connected on signal in but my toyota rpm dosent move

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom