Auto Body; Rust repair; Hampton Roads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anybody recommend a body shop that can do some rust repair? Nothing major, but the undercarriage has the beginning stages, especially on weld joints. I would do it myself, but I live in a condo, so no tools or space to do the work. ☹️

Can anybody recommend a body shop that can do some rust repair? Nothing major, but the undercarriage has the beginning stages, especially on weld joints. I would do it myself, but I live in a condo, so no tools or space to do the work. ☹️
I just made an appointment at Line x VB for an under coating for monday. $550 plus 75 extra for rust prevention coating inside the frame and body panels. Sounds like our cruisers are in similar states.

I just made an appointment at Line x VB for an under coating for monday. $550 plus 75 extra for rust prevention coating inside the frame and body panels. Sounds like our cruisers are in similar states.

Are you happy with their work?

Are you happy with their work?
The guy that did it told me he would take care of any rust before spraying. When I inspected the work he had sprayed over everything and missed some spots completely. Seems like he barely cleaned before spraying too. I called the shop and she said to bring it back so she could clean and respray it her self the right way. I'll check back in when that happens.

@Roadrot
How’d did that 2nd visit turn out for you?
They said they were going to strip and respray it the right way. Clearly they just resprayed over the trouble spots. I recently found out that Suffolk Line X is 100 dollars cheaper. I would just go there if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom